This role will serve as an analyst for the Human Resources Business Partner team. This opportunity will stretch and develop the employee’s skills and capabilities in order to prepare him/her for a future role in Human Resources. The incumbent will provide operational and project support to functional areas within the Human Resources organization, sometimes working independently to meet area objectives. A collaborative, resourceful mindset, a professional demeanor, discretion in dealing with confidential information, creative thinking and thoughtful planning, a facility with the MS Office suite of applications (especially Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint), and superior written and verbal communication skills are all essential to performing efficiently in this role. Back-up support to other HR functional areas will occasionally be required.
RESPONSIBILITIES MAY INCLUDE:
• Gathering, analyzing, and prioritizing data to facilitate and track initiatives and projects
• Providing analysis in the areas of: Compensation, Performance Management, and special projects
• Devising and gaining approval for implementing process improvements and project-specific tactical solutions
• Participating in or leading projects or initiatives
• Developing and providing ad hoc reports when needed
• Assisting with the creation of reports and presentations
• Supporting the onboarding process from a logistical standpoint
• Creating communications for broad internal dissemination
• Graduate degree OR 3-5 years equivalent work experience
• Prior Human Resources experience preferred
• Proficiency with the MS Office suite of applications with expert skills in Excel
• Ability to wrangle data (experience with PeopleSoft a plus)
• Experience with Tableau a plus
• Ability to tell a story using data
• Ability to think and act independently
• Ability to collect, interpret and integrate disparate information
• A demonstrable desire to develop new skills and enhance existing skills
• Organized and detail-oriented
• Ability to multi-task
• Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
• Client-focused, collaborative, and effective at building relationships with employees at all levels within AXA Group
• Adaptable, creative and driven to get the job done
• A positive, professional interpersonal style that is suited to a dynamic, fast-paced environment
NOTE: AXA participates in the E-Verify program.
In addition to competitive compensation and an outstanding benefits package including 401 (k) and medical programs, we offer the opportunity for continued professional development in a congenial corporate environment.
AXA is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to our employees, applicants and candidates based on individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disabilities, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information or any other class protected by federal, state and local laws.
AXA is a leading financial protection company, committed to fostering and maintaining a diverse, multicultural and inclusive environment, and one of the nation’s premier providers of life insurance and annuity products. The organization was established in 1859 and we are committed now more than ever to helping clients meet financial goals in all stages of their lives. One of the hallmarks of our proud heritage is providing world-class customer service.
We're always looking for smart and talented people to help us develop new and innovative ways to expand our product portfolio, reach new customers and serve well the clients already a part of the AXA family.