In addition to competitive compensation and an outstandingbenfits package including 401(k) and medical programs, we offer the opportunity for continued professional development in a congenial corporate environment.
AXA is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to our employees, applicants and candidates based on individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disabilities, sxcual orientation, veteran status, genetic information or any other class protected by federal, state and local laws.
- Excellent computer skills
- Ability to utilize AXA Art’s IT resources to implement new and amended products on the Company’s systems platform
- Highly articulate with excellent written and verbal communication skills capable of effective and accurate representation within and outside of the organization.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Self-directed leadership ability
- Experience in training and motivating underwriting staff on products and procedures
- Ability to understand and respond to product and market performance indicators
- To monitor industry trends to identify new product opportunities
- Hands-on experience in drafting policy forms
- Thorough understanding of all relevant regulatory compliance issues
- Strategic thinking and complex decision making ability
- Thorough understanding of competitors and alternative markets within each environment.
- Ability to articulate financial results and impact of strategy
- Bachelor’s Degree
- CPCU preferred
To oversee all aspects of the technical functions of underwriting including international and local compliance, new product development, training, and analysis. The Director of Underwriting is responsible for Underwriting Controls, Portfolio Management, Product Management, and Leadership. The Director of Underwriting provides assistance to the CEO as needed for special projects.
- Compliance and Enforcement of the international rules, compliance handbook, and local Underwriting Guidelines for the unit
- Ensure underwriting is in compliance with regulatory and legal environment
- Underwriting Monitoring & Quality-control of:
- Risk Assessment
- Technical Pricing
- Data Security and Completeness of Entries
- Fine Art Security
- Secure proper documentation of all underwriting decisions for responsible area
- Control of Global Risk Art Survey Platform (“GRASP”) project
- Accumulation control
- Secure all facultative reinsurance capacity requirements and reinsurance treaties
- Assist underwriting of complex and large risks
- Underwriting of risks exceeding the underwriter’s authority and referral to Home Office as required
- Ensure underwriting consistency
- Secure “Four Eye” principal where applicable
- Liaise with the Director of Operations on improving and adapting system support for underwriting function
- Ensure that company is up-to-date on all policy wording and rate filings
- Approve risks within established underwriting authority chain
- Review and analyze portfolio on a regular basis to ensure profitability of all segments.
- Manage the Nat-cat portfolios in line with management guidelines
- Re-underwriting the portfolio as needed
- Managing the structuring of the portfolio size and segment accordingly to defined business strategy
- Product Development (new products) and implementation
- Product controls and further development of existing products
- Secure timely Product Approval Process according to respective guidelines
- Wording structure with external parties
- Competitor and Product analysis
- Initiate, implement, and manage program business
- Claims analysis and product adaptations
- Coaching and training Underwriters in line with defined education schedule for levels below senior underwriter
- Develop underwriting skills on an ongoing basis
- Train underwriters on new products
- Provide technical assistance to all underwriters
- Training new underwriters
- Regular Contribution to the international underwriting conferences as part of the professional Global Family.
- Preparing reports required by HQ for CEO’s review
- Technical evaluations of underwriters
International reach, unrivalled competence, and a high quality network of expert partners distinguish AXA ART, the only art insurance specialist in the world, from its generalist property insurance competitors. Over the past 50 years and well into the future, AXA ART has and will continue to redefine the manner in which it serves and services its museum, gallery, collector, and artist clients across the Americas, Asia, and Europe, with a sincere consideration of the way valuable objects are insured and cultural patrimony is protected. www.axa-art-usa.com