This individual will be part of the Central Modeling Production team, focusing on Variable & Interest Sensitive Life (VISL) liability models, projections and financial & risk analysis. Responsibilities include:
• Perform and supervise projections and analyze, summarize, and communicate results for the GGY AXIS models that project IFRS/GAAP and Statutory Earnings. Specific projects include:
o Solvency II. These models are used calculate AFR (Available Financial Resources), EEV (European Embedded Value) and to provide various sensitivities for Short Term Economic Capital (STEC), Risk Appetite, Goodwill Testing.
o Oversee the transition of Capital Forecasting and Strategic Plan modeling to ABS (AXA Business Solutions)
o SOP 03-1 Reserves and DAC EGP projections
o Cash Flow Testing including NY Regulation 126 and C3 Phase 1 (full asset and liability projections)
• Maintain and enhance VISL models (GGY AXIS):
o Assist with implementing, quantifying and reviewing assumption changes and model updates
o Support Model Governance requirements, including documentation of all model updates
o Support various inforce initiatives, especially ensuring all initiatives are reflected in models and reported results.
o Identify and implement process/model improvements to increase department efficiency
o Lead transition of quarterly compressed and seriatim inforce files for MG-ALFA (AXIS) models over to ABS
• Assist with Solvency II implementation and documentation as well as execution of existing controls
• Support the transition of NBV modeling and TV O&G reporting into the Production Team once AXIS model is complete
• Work closely with Modeling team clients, especially the EEV Team, STEC Team, Valuation & Reporting, and FPWM
• Assist with analysis, review, and reporting of our exposure to Life Insurance and Financial Risks
• Support financial and risk analysis of inforce initiatives as well as strategic segment and reporting analysis
• Participate in the Model area transformation/modernization project, which includes the transition of data-intensive, lower value-added activities to ABS
• ASA or near/new FSA with 5+ years of actuarial experience.
• Liability expertise or asset-liability modeling experience, especially regarding Life insurance
• Exposure to leading actuarial projection systems, in particular GGY AXIS, is preferred
• Desire to learn, take on responsibility, and assume ownership of various projects
• Capacity to supervise one actuarial student and work within groups
• Ability to handle deadline oriented work; highly motivated; strong verbal and written communication skills
NOTE: AXA participates in the E-Verify program.
In addition to competitive compensation and an outstanding benefits package including 401 (k) and medical programs, we offer the opportunity for continued professional development in a congenial corporate environment.
AXA is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to our employees, applicants and candidates based on individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disabilities, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information or any other class protected by federal, state and local laws.
AXA is a leading financial protection company, committed to fostering and maintaining a diverse, multicultural and inclusive environment, and one of the nation’s premier providers of life insurance and annuity products. The organization was established in 1859 and we are committed now more than ever to helping clients meet financial goals in all stages of their lives. One of the hallmarks of our proud heritage is providing world-class customer service.
We're always looking for smart and talented people to help us develop new and innovative ways to expand our product portfolio, reach new customers and serve well the clients already a part of the AXA family.