• Manage various close functions for all accounting bases (IFRS, US GAAP, & STAT) including scheduling journals, managing unlock process, developing close calendar, .
• Manage opening of new accounts and journals. Provide monthly journal due dates
• Monitor opening of journals and impact to close
• Accounting for intercompany sales agreements inclusing monthlly journals and documentation. Review of other monthly journals by offshore staff
• Provides supporting documentation to audit requests.
• Prepare SOX and MAR compliance requirements for multiple processes.
• Monitor and record capital transactions, reconcilaition of equity accounts including equity pick-up allocation and opening balances
• Documentation of accounts for balance sheet accountability, administrator of BSA in SAP including assignment of accounts and monitoring of sign-offs
• Supports special project requests
• Understanding of US GAAP/IFRS/ STAT accounting and reporting concepts.
• BS in Accounting. CPA a plus
• Demonstrates analytical skills
• Insurance industry experience is a plus.
• Excellent written/verbal communications and listening skills.
• Five plus years accounting experience a plus
• Demonstrates ability to work independently and meet project deadlines and work within a fast-paced, project-driven and team environment.
• Strong knowledge of MS products (Excel, Word)
• Knowledge of SAP reporting tool a plus
• Flexibility to provide late and weekend close coverage during quarterly closes
• Good communication skills are required as the candidate will be required to converse with individual in various areas of the Company.
NOTE: AXA participates in the E-Verify program.
In addition to competitive compensation and an outstanding benefits package including 401 (k) and medical programs, we offer the opportunity for continued professional development in a congenial corporate environment.
AXA is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to our employees, applicants and candidates based on individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disabilities, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information or any other class protected by federal, state and local laws.
AXA is a leading financial protection company, committed to fostering and maintaining a diverse, multicultural and inclusive environment, and one of the nation’s premier providers of life insurance and annuity products. The organization was established in 1859 and we are committed now more than ever to helping clients meet financial goals in all stages of their lives. One of the hallmarks of our proud heritage is providing world-class customer service.
We're always looking for smart and talented people to help us develop new and innovative ways to expand our product portfolio, reach new customers and serve well the clients already a part of the AXA family.