Lead AXA’s approach and strategy for managing Operational and Technology Risk.
- Manage AXA US Operational and Technology Risk department composed of staff covering operational risk, information risk, vendor risk, privacy, records retention, business continuity/disaster recovery, and crisis management.
- Partner or work with EVP/SVP in major lines of business to actively identify, assess, and mitigate operational, third-party, information and technology risks.
- Drive organizational change consistent with business strategy.
- Help define and implement risk management frameworks and strategies.
- Consult with business leaders in operational risk resilience, privacy, compliance and security matters.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree with IT concentration or MBA preferred or Industry recognized certifications (e.g., CISM, CRISC, ITIL,CIPP/US, CIPP/IT) preferred
- 8+ years’ work experience, including management experience, preferably in Financial Services industry
- Understanding of financial and Information and Technology risk management and mitigation; risk transfer methodologies; corporate governance, regulatory controls and compliance; privacy compliance; and vendor risk management
- Excellent knowledge of IT systems, processes and controls
- Experience with operational resilience and disaster response and recovery strategies
- Experience identifying, assessing and recommending mitigation strategies for third parties
- Experience in the design and development of governance frameworks
- Demonstrated leadership - ability to lead staff and manage relationships within a global company; innovative; resourceful; results/goal oriented, with appropriate judgment
- Superior organizational skills, including the ability to successfully lead multiple competing priorities from the business areas, Risk/Compliance or IT
- Strong experience in research, strategic, critical and analytical thinking and pragmatic problem solving
- Superior communication, negotiation and presentation skills
- Ability to work well under pressure, influence preferred outcomes and work collaboratively across all business areas of the company
- Mastery of the following example areas:
- Information and Cyber Security
- Strategic IT Planning
- Finance and Business Planning
- Data Protection / Privacy
- Capability Maturity Models
- Asset Inventory Management
- Process, Procedure, and Project Management
- Policy and Procedure Development
- Third Party Risk Management
- Identity Access Management
- Business Continuity
- Incident and Problem Management
- Controls Assurance
- Continuous Process Improvements
NOTE: AXA participates in the E-Verify program.
In addition to competitive compensation and an outstanding benefits package including 401 (k) and medical programs, we offer the opportunity for continued professional development in a congenial corporate environment.
AXA is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to our employees, applicants and candidates based on individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disabilities, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information or any other class protected by federal, state and local laws. #LI-AXA1
AXA is a leading financial protection company, committed to fostering and maintaining a diverse, multicultural and inclusive environment, and one of the nation’s premier providers of life insurance and annuity products. The organization was established in 1859 and we are committed now more than ever to helping clients meet financial goals in all stages of their lives. One of the hallmarks of our proud heritage is providing world-class customer service.
We're always looking for smart and talented people to help us develop new and innovative ways to expand our product portfolio, reach new customers and serve well the clients already a part of the AXA family.