Reporting to the Senior Director of Treasury Operations, the Treasury Operations Lead Manager will supervise the Treasury Analysts and be responsible for developing and implementing strategy, operational, and policy recommendations related to the treasury function. Primary objective is to assess, monitor, plan and manage the efficient utilization of cash and banking services in a manner consistent with the objectives of the Company. This includes cash management, cash forecasting/modeling, credit facility management, and outgoing wire payment processing.
• Manage the activities and performance of the Treasury Analysts. Provide training on systems and processes as needed. Provide coaching, performance feedback and evaluation on an ongoing formal and informal basis.
• On a daily basis review and approve the cash activities performed by treasury staff including:
• Reconciliation of account balances and review posted activity for accuracy
• Approve wires, ACH’s, account sweeps, and other funding activities
• Approve investment of excess cash in accordance with policies and procedures
• Perform Treasury Analyst responsibilities as needed to provide coverage and insure that related policies, procedures and job-aids reflect current processes
• Oversee and approve month-end, quarterly and year-end cash management related closing activities performed by treasury staff as necessary
• Serve as security administrator relative to bank and treasury related systems
• Evaluate and approve processes to maintain segregation of customer-related funds from operating cash
• Provide ongoing review of key treasury controls and departmental processes, controls, job aids and policy documents. Update as required to insure that they reflect current processes. Recommend and implement process efficiencies and improvements
• Ensure all bank account documentation, including authorized employee list for each bank account, is maintained and updated on a regular basis
• Maintain bank account structure and strategy documents, open new /close old accounts as needed to facilitate business line cash management requirements
• Support capital planning and liquidity forecasting processes
o Prepare and monitor daily cash position analysis to inform forecasting and execute trades at the direction of Corporate Finance
o Working with Financial Planning & Analysis and input from other constituencies, prepare high-level forecasts on a periodic basis, highlighting activities that have a significant impact on cash and liquidity.
• Cultivate and maintain strong working relationships with staff members, business line contacts, banking partners, and other service providers and vendors
• Prepare reports as necessary on bank operational performance and address deficiencies and bank actions taken to avoid future performance issues. Participate in monthly and annual bank counterparty performance reviews
• Review and approve account analysis statements regarding bank fees and earnings credit on a monthly basis. Provide actual and budget information regarding gross and net banking fees as needed. Implement approved recommendations to reduce bank fees
• Conduct regular benchmark studies of banks and their services and partner with business line clients to understand their cash management needs and ensure we are fully optimizing banking services.
• Implement and oversee ongoing utilization and enhancement of treasury dashboards
• Coordinate internal and external audit requests related to cash management activities and address followup questions
• Provide assistance on special projects in relation to the treasury function and project manage treasury elements of corporate initiatives
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or Business
• 8+ progressive experience and responsibility in a Corporate Treasury role
o Financial services industry experience is a plus
• 2+ years experience managing/supervising subordinates, preferably in a treasury department environment
• CTP designation strongly preferred.
• Experience with liquidity management in a corporate environment including investment and borrowing activities
• Strong analytical and communication skills
• Ability to prioritize, manage multiple projects, and execute in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
• Detail oriented with a demonstrated ability for accuracy
• Knowledge of commonly-used finance concepts, practices, and procedures
• Operating experience with online bank platforms and ERP systems
o Familiarity with Treasury Management Systems a plus
o Familiarity with SWIFT a plus
• Advanced skills in Excel and intermediate skills in all other Microsoft Office Suite applications
NOTE: AXA participates in the E-Verify program.
In addition to competitive compensation and an outstanding benefits package including 401 (k) and medical programs, we offer the opportunity for continued professional development in a congenial corporate environment.
AXA is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to our employees, applicants and candidates based on individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disabilities, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information or any other class protected by federal, state and local laws.
AXA is a leading financial protection company, committed to fostering and maintaining a diverse, multicultural and inclusive environment, and one of the nation’s premier providers of life insurance and annuity products. The organization was established in 1859 and we are committed now more than ever to helping clients meet financial goals in all stages of their lives. One of the hallmarks of our proud heritage is providing world-class customer service.
We're always looking for smart and talented people to help us develop new and innovative ways to expand our product portfolio, reach new customers and serve well the clients already a part of the AXA family.