The Lead Manager - VA Market Risk will be a highly visible member off the Financial Risk Management team who will work closely with several different AXA US & AXA Group teams, including Investments, Derivatives, Actuarial Hedging, as well as both Group and Local Risk Management teams.
Regular projects include variable annuity economic capital, market consistent duration and convexity gaps, earnings at risk, credit risk, and asset-liability initiatives.
• Conducting financial analysis of variable annuity market risk using the Solvency II Monte Carlo Value-at-Risk Short Term Economic Capital model.
• Calculating and reporting quarterly market consistent duration and convexity gaps, including interim monthly estimates.
• Analyzing derivatives and investment strategies, and assessing the impact of future management actions, and providing recommendations to reduce company exposure to financial risk.
• Planning, execution, controls and delivery of Standard Formula approach under Solvency II.
• Supporting Investment/Derivatives and VA teams on research and Asset Liability Management projects.
• Supporting the calculation of the quarterly IFRS Attribution-at-Risk indicator for VA dynamic hedging program.
• Supporting the quarterly calculation of Credit risk within the Short Term Economic Capital Model.
• Supporting quarterly Risk Book and annual Solvency II Own Risk Self-Assessment (ORSA) reporting.
• Providing trainings on financial risk indicators and produce periodic strategic plan projection of risk indicators.
• Master’s degree in Financial Engineering plus 2 years of experience or FSA.
• Strong organization and planning skills
• Solid interpersonal/relationship management/communication skills – the ability to foster good working relationships with business partners is needed to gather required data and analysis.
• Software skills including MS Office/Excel/VBA
NOTE: AXA participates in the E-Verify program.
In addition to competitive compensation and an outstanding benefits package including 401 (k) and medical programs, we offer the opportunity for continued professional development in a congenial corporate environment.
AXA is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to our employees, applicants and candidates based on individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disabilities, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information or any other class protected by federal, state and local laws.
AXA is a leading financial protection company, committed to fostering and maintaining a diverse, multicultural and inclusive environment, and one of the nation’s premier providers of life insurance and annuity products. The organization was established in 1859 and we are committed now more than ever to helping clients meet financial goals in all stages of their lives. One of the hallmarks of our proud heritage is providing world-class customer service.
We're always looking for smart and talented people to help us develop new and innovative ways to expand our product portfolio, reach new customers and serve well the clients already a part of the AXA family.