The Chief Data and Analytics Officer (CDAO) is responsible for enterprise-wide governance and utilization of information as an asset, via data processing, analysis, data mining, information trading and other means to create value for the organization and ultimately to support key business initiatives driving growth, efficiency and Risk Management.
The CDAO oversees the Data Ecosystem and is responsible for both the development and the execution of AXA US’ end-to-end data strategy, which spans from big data collection to data integration, repository and utilization throughout AXA.
The CDAO will play an integral role in the Data Governance Council and will work closely in partnership with Info Security, Info Risk and Third Party Vendor Management areas to ensure alignment & appropriate levels of synergy in both development & execution of strategy.
The CDAO will manage a team that will frame and conduct intricate statistical analysis using large structured and unstructured data sets (e.g., speech analytics, social media listening, digital footprints, customer behavior, financial information, proprietary market research, and secondary sources). The CDAO, in conjunction with the business, will develop strategic initiatives to leverage data to drive business opportunities, growth and efficiencies. The CDAO needs to have a good understanding of business processes to develop a pipeline of use cases. The CDAO will report directly to the Chief Transformation Officer (CTO) and strong alignment to CIO.
The CDAO will manage the AXA US relationship with the AXA Group Data Innovation Lab.
• Ownership of Data Collection, Analytics and Governance, with purview that includes data strategy, analytics projects, governance, knowledge management, data quality control, data integrity policy & company-wide communication of policies/strategy
• Develop and maintain consultative relationships with key business stakeholders, proactively identifying and addressing data analytics needs, as well as potential initiatives that will drive strategy
• Collaborate and influence cross functionally with all lines of business to ensure an aligned data strategy
• Integrate and mine large data sets, connecting data from disparate sources to identify insights and patterns using traditional as well as predictive and prescriptive analytics
• Source, scrub, and join relevant public, commercial, and proprietary data sources.
• Manage data driven projects involving timelines, vendor relationships, and budgets to ensure projects are delivered with the highest quality and within specified time frames
• Develop and design presentation, reports, and other deliverables and summarize findings to key stakeholders and executive leadership, communicating with both technical and non-technical team members
• Remain current on relevant academic and industry research pertaining to data analytics and data science
• Demonstrate knowledge of business success drivers, industry trends, regulatory issues, and competitive marketplace
• Accountable to drive “Big Ideas” analytical projects
• Develop an organization that has a variety of skills including data scientists / architects, project managers, IT data specialists, business liaison, change management, etc.
• Advanced degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science, or a quantitative discipline
• 10 – 15 years of relevant work experience in data analytics, market research, and data mining
• Proven track record in managing a team, and successful ability to influence others and achieving shared goals
• Experience analyzing large data sets, applying a variety of statistical techniques such as regression, discriminant analysis, cluster analysis, and Bayesian Theory
• Deep practical knowledge of statistical software, e.g., SAS, SPSS, R, and Hadoop. Data visualization experience necessary
• Advanced financial/quantitative analytical skills
• Strong project management skills / experience managing budgets and schedules
• Prior exposure to financial services or insurance industry
• Exceptional analytical, written, oral, and presentation skills with proven track record of delivering actionable insights succinctly
• Adept at multi-tasking, have unquestionable integrity, with an uncompromising commitment to quality
• Exceptional interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to communicate findings, win supporters and move people and organizations to action
• Experience managing senior executive stakeholders, operating in a global matrixed environment.
• Prior experience designing data & analytic strategies and taking and communicating the vision to a community of business stakeholders
NOTE: AXA participates in the E-Verify program.
In addition to competitive compensation and an outstanding benefits package including 401 (k) and medical programs, we offer the opportunity for continued professional development in a congenial corporate environment.
AXA is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to our employees, applicants and candidates based on individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disabilities, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information or any other class protected by federal, state and local laws.
AXA is a leading financial protection company, committed to fostering and maintaining a diverse, multicultural and inclusive environment, and one of the nation’s premier providers of life insurance and annuity products. The organization was established in 1859 and we are committed now more than ever to helping clients meet financial goals in all stages of their lives. One of the hallmarks of our proud heritage is providing world-class customer service.
We're always looking for smart and talented people to help us develop new and innovative ways to expand our product portfolio, reach new customers and serve well the clients already a part of the AXA family.