- Provide legal support and advice to Funds Management Group and Product Area with respect to strategic initiatives relating to AXA Equitable’s mutual fund products
- Facilitate activities relating to, and prepare materials for, board of directors and shareholder meetings
- Supervise assigned staff in the preparation of investment company regulatory filings and shareholder communications, including prospectuses, statements of additional information, and proxy materials
- Provide high-quality, responsible and efficient legal representation and advice to AXA Equitable as to choices and opportunities available under existing or emerging law and regulatory matters
- Review marketing and sales materials; draft and review contracts
- Work with sub-advisers to coordinate portfolio compliance and advise them on legal matters in connection with AXA Equitable’s funds; assist Compliance Department with portfolio compliance issues
- Provide support and assistance to other areas of the Law Department and business groups on issues relating to mutual funds (e.g., compliance, distribution, interaction with service providers)
Key Requirements Include:
- JD, Admitted to Bar
- 5-10 years of experience with minimum five years in ‘40 Act experience
- Ability to communicate effectively with multiple levels of management
- Demonstrated knowledge in investments, creativity and leadership
NOTE: AXA participates in the E-Verify program.
In addition to competitive compensation and an outstanding benefits package including 401 (k) and medical programs, we offer the opportunity for continued professional development in a congenial corporate environment.
AXA is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to our employees, applicants and candidates based on individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disabilities, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information or any other class protected by federal, state and local laws.
AXA is a leading financial protection company, committed to fostering and maintaining a diverse, multicultural and inclusive environment, and one of the nation’s premier providers of life insurance and annuity products. The organization was established in 1859 and we are committed now more than ever to helping clients meet financial goals in all stages of their lives. One of the hallmarks of our proud heritage is providing world-class customer service.
We're always looking for smart and talented people to help us develop new and innovative ways to expand our product portfolio, reach new customers and serve well the clients already a part of the AXA family.