This position is part of the Central Modeling Team, focusing on Variable & Interest Sensitive Annuity products and models, projections and financial & risk analysis. Responsibilities include:
• Perform projections and analyze, summarize, and communicate results for the GGY AXIS models that project IFRS/GAAP, Statutory and Solvency II Earnings. Specific projects include:
o Solvency II. These models are used to calculate AFR (Available Financial Resources), EEV (European Embedded Value) and to provide various sensitivities for Short Term Economic Capital (STEC), Risk Appetite.
o Capital Forecasting and Strategic Plan modeling
o SOP 03-1 Reserves and DAC EGP projections
o Cash Flow Testing including NY Regulation 126 and C3 Phase 1 (full asset and liability projections)
• Maintain and enhance Life GGY AXIS model :
o Assist with implementing, quantifying and reviewing assumption changes and model updates
o Support Model Governance requirements, including documentation of all model updates
o Identify and implement process/model improvements to enhance department efficiency
o Oversee creation of compressed and seriatim inforce files for AXIS models by ABS
• Support the transition of NBV modeling into the Production Team
• Work closely with Modeling team clients, especially the EEV Team, STEC Team, Valuation & Reporting, and Individual Annuity/Retirement Plan Services Business Unit
• Assist with analysis, review, and reporting of our exposure to Life Insurance and Financial Risks
• Support financial and risk analysis of inforce initiatives as well as strategic segment and reporting analysis
Participate in the Model area transformation/modernization project, which will include significant improvements to the liability models as well as the processes that feed the models and summarize model results
• Bachelor's Degree plus 3+ years of applicable experience, actuarial designation (FSA preferred)
• Liability expertise or asset-liability modeling experience, especially regarding Annuity insurance products
• Exposure to leading actuarial projection systems, in particular GGY AXIS, is preferred
• Desire to learn, take on responsibility, and assume ownership of various projects
• Capacity to supervise one actuarial student and work within groups
• Ability to handle deadline-oriented work; highly motivated; strong verbal and written communication skills
NOTE: AXA participates in the E-Verify program.
In addition to competitive compensation and an outstanding benefits package including 401 (k) and medical programs, we offer the opportunity for continued professional development in a congenial corporate environment.
AXA is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to our employees, applicants and candidates based on individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disabilities, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information or any other class protected by federal, state and local laws.
AXA Charlotte Office Address: 8501 IBM Drive; Charlotte, NC 28262
AXA is a leading financial protection company, committed to fostering and maintaining a diverse, multicultural and inclusive environment, and one of the nation’s premier providers of life insurance and annuity products. The organization was established in 1859 and we are committed now more than ever to helping clients meet financial goals in all stages of their lives. One of the hallmarks of our proud heritage is providing world-class customer service.
We're always looking for smart and talented people to help us develop new and innovative ways to expand our product portfolio, reach new customers and serve well the clients already a part of the AXA family.