AXA US's Supply Chain Management (SCM) team partners, as Trusted Advisors and Business Facilitators, for the enterprise to provide world class Supply Chain Management strategies and expertise, to manage risk and maximize the total value returned from a diverse set of suppliers.
*Please note AXA is expanding our Technology Sourcing team by two (2).
SCM is at the forefront of major company initiatives with primary responsibility for negotiations, risk assessment, contracting and ongoing supplier management of the organization’s third party supplier contracts. Through the use of contemporary technology platforms, the Supply Chain Management team partners with suppliers in a manner that manages risk while providing the best value for the negotiated price. We collaborate with our other AXA entities to leverage global spend and leading practices.
The Category Manager, Technology Sourcing for Supply Chain Management works closely with and reports to the Senior Director, Technology Sourcing and partners closely with AXA US business leaders to understand strategic business priorities in order to provide guidance and governance related to the selection and management of third party suppliers. The team is at the forefront of major company initiatives with primary responsibilities for supplier relationships throughout the supply lifecycle. Through the use of contemporary technology platforms, the Supply Chain Management team partners with suppliers in a manner that manages risk while providing the best value balancing cost, quality and service. We collaborate with our other AXA entities to leverage global spend and leading practicing.
This is an excellent environment and role for an individual with a background in sourcing and/or vendor management. The ideal candidate is a self-starter and a great collaborator with demonstrated success working in a business partnering capacity. You should be dedicated, curious, creative and willing to be a true partner to the business. Responsibilities will include:
• Establishes and executes category strategy relative to third party suppliers with the purpose of rationalizing costs and obtaining the maximum value
• Manages ~20-30 sourcing projects in parallel with high complexity level ensuring timely execution based upon project timelines
• Works with both pre-established & new suppliers performing spot-buys and RFXs
• Negotiates and develops contract terms & conditions including SLAs
• Leads supplier risk assessments (Information Security, Business Continuity, Physical Security, Financial Solvency to name a few) with domain experts including coordinating efforts across all stakeholders
• Participates in global sourcing projects working with other AXA entities to leverage the global spend
• Manage supplier relationships post-contract execution including resolving supplier performance issues
• Ensure compliance with AXA Procurement Policies in the US as well as globally
• Ability to work remotely 2-3 days/week
• 5+ years of sourcing experience (preferably in technology sourcing) including leading RFXs, negotiating terms & conditions and conducting financial analysis
• Strong analytical skills & attention to detail
• Team player
• Strong technical experience with an ERP system, Ariba Buyer or Sourcing.
• Knowledge of sourcing strategies and processes.
• Proven experience leading large, cross-functional strategic projects
• Ability to manage multiple projects at a time and often under tight timeframes
• Strong partnering and collaborative skills as well as strong verbal and written skills.
• Advanced level of financial analysis and reporting skills.
• Advanced skills working in MS Office suite
• Bachelor’s degree required
• Professional certification (CPSM, CPM, PMP) preferred
NOTE: AXA participates in the E-Verify program.
In addition to competitive compensation and an outstanding benefits package including 401 (k) and medical programs, we offer the opportunity for continued professional development in a congenial corporate environment.
AXA is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to our employees, applicants and candidates based on individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disabilities, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information or any other class protected by federal, state and local laws.
AXA is a leading financial protection company, committed to fostering and maintaining a diverse, multicultural and inclusive environment, and one of the nation’s premier providers of life insurance and annuity products. The organization was established in 1859 and we are committed now more than ever to helping clients meet financial goals in all stages of their lives. One of the hallmarks of our proud heritage is providing world-class customer service.
We're always looking for smart and talented people to help us develop new and innovative ways to expand our product portfolio, reach new customers and serve well the clients already a part of the AXA family.