AXA is looking for an analyst to provide people-related data and analyses focused on ensuring our HR organization, and our clients, are able to make thoughtful, data-driven decisions. A core purpose of the role is to develop, analyze and evaluate HR data to discover and present actionable approaches to key stakeholders and business leaders.
You will successfully develop workforce metrics and reporting dashboards/scorecards, all tied to business performance, functional objectives and workforce planning strategies. You will help map and improve processes, and will be a key data interface with other departments.
You will solve essential business challenges such as:
• Ensuring we have the right skills, capabilities, and availability of talent for the future
• Predicting which of our applicants each year would make great hires
• Creating an on-going reporting environment that builds confidence that surfaces issues quickly
• Other key business issues where data might give us greater leverage.
We're looking for someone who is able to tie business strategy to talent strategy and loves digging into numbers, building models, designing impactful data visualization and strong communications. You will have the ability to balance multiple priorities, possess deep analytical rigor, and have excellent written and visual communication skills. You will be working in a data-rich environment with source data from Finance, HR, and other systems.
The analyst will work closely with the HR team on a wide range of analytical and project management functions to empower organizational decision-making with high quality data, including:
• research on trending skills and capabilities, key talent and retention strategies, drivers of engagement and the employee value proposition
• analysis of large data sets to distill insights and connect disparate ideas into cohesive recommendations and executive presentations
• preparation of workforce projections
• liaising with other AXA entities to produce/maintain communication materials to convey methodology
o coordinate meetings with global and local workforce planning leads
· design and tracking of project plans to ensure completion of key milestones; integrate with other business processes
· automation of workforce metrics and dashboards to deliver insights at scale
· data quality processes and consistent use and adoption of measures, hierarchies, tools and reporting standards.
· approach for predictive analytics, including data requirements, trade-offs in analytical methods, and interpretation of results
· creation of models to assess trends, project needs, surface challenges, and estimate costs
BA in Economics, Industrial/Organization Psychology, Finance, Mathematics or applied sciences + 1+ years’ experience
Skills and experience
• Passion for bringing data to life with the ability to simplify and present information in a logical, concise & compelling manner
• Superior learning agility with the ability to learn independently from a variety of sources; ability to thrive in ambiguous situations
• Able to understand strategic objectives and translate into delivery via compelling, well framed presentations
• Flexible, collaborative attitude with ability to shift from strategic thinking to rolling up your sleeves with functional teams
• A strong sense of curiosity about the world and social behavior
• Effective oral communication; superior written communication skills
• Advanced Excel and Power Point skills
• Experience using data visualization to represent analyses to an executive audience
• Results and execution oriented
• Experience using quantitative and qualitative analytical strategies and working with multiple data sources to generate insights from analyses (e.g. dashboards, tables, metrics), answering questions or creating solutions, and manipulating data (e.g., check for data issues, clean, merge) to measure the effectiveness of programs and interventions.
• Experience using data visualization (e.g., tables, charts, graphs) to represent analyses to an executive audience. Experience with Tableau is desirable.
• Experience using SQL, Python or other equivalent language. Experience building and maintaining a solution to collect, store, and organize data to address client needs.
AXA is a leading financial protection company, committed to fostering and maintaining a diverse, multicultural and inclusive environment, and one of the nation’s premier providers of life insurance and annuity products. The organization was established in 1859 and we are committed now more than ever to helping clients meet financial goals in all stages of their lives. One of the hallmarks of our proud heritage is providing world-class customer service.
We're always looking for smart and talented people to help us develop new and innovative ways to expand our product portfolio, reach new customers and serve well the clients already a part of the AXA family.