Summary: (High Level Overview of position)
The Business Planning Case Consultant acts as the subject matter expert (under general supervision), offering case consultation targeting businesses and small business owners in the complex advanced market areas including business insurance, annuities, business valuation, retirement (SEPs, SIMPLE, IRA, 457(b) and 403(b)), 401k plan administration, and executive benefits planning.
This individual is the primary field representative of the Business Planning function to targeted groups of advisors and acts as sales coach.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Reviewing sales concepts from both internal and external sources to determine their impact and risk to AXA Advisors and potentially making recommendations that could affect significant amounts of revenue.
• Creating marketing material and client presentation illustrating the complex techniques used in planning addressing both legal and tax issues; many will be highly visible to external business partners and must be coordinated with other divisions.
• Developing and maintaining strong knowledge of AXA Equitable's Life, Annuity and Employer Sponsored
• Product portfolio, positioning and illustration systems.
• Consult with advisors on all aspects of planning for businesses and small business owners
• Develop new and build upon existing relationships with financial advisors and branch managers
• Respond to technical product and competitive positioning questions as appropriate.
• Proactively contact key individuals via phone calls and targeted emails.
• Professionally represent AXA Advisors at Field and/or Industry events
• Directly manage relationships with strategic internal partners to ensure effective communication and dissemination of information.
• Comply with all rules and regulations of selling securities as outlined by FINRA and SEC as well as any established guidelines established by the company
• Resolve conflicts and complex issues in a cross-functional setting
• Handle multiple tasks, initiatives or projects.
• Ad hoc projects as needed.
• 3-5 years' financial services experience, with strong advanced markets experience (e.g., business insurance, buy/sell agreements, qualified plans, executive benefits, etc.).
• FINRA Series 7 license
• Bachelor’s Degree required
• FINRA S24, and S63/65 or S66 highly preferred; must be obtained within a specified time frame after employment if not already held
• Advanced designation (e.g., CFP, ChFC, JD, CLU) highly preferred
• Excellent telephone communication skills and etiquette.
• Strong interpersonal communication skills with proven ability to build effective relationships.
• Strong working knowledge of retail financial services industry
• Strong knowledge of insurance products (e.g., life, annuity and employer sponsored)
• Strong knowledge of industry standard planning concepts.
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
• Detail oriented.
• Commitment to learning and expanding knowledge of financial services
NOTE: AXA participates in the E-Verify program.
In addition to competitive compensation and an outstanding benefits package including 401 (k) and medical programs, we offer the opportunity for continued professional development in a congenial corporate environment.
AXA is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to our employees, applicants and candidates based on individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disabilities, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information or any other class protected by federal, state and local laws.
AXA is a leading financial protection company, committed to fostering and maintaining a diverse, multicultural and inclusive environment, and one of the nation’s premier providers of life insurance and annuity products. The organization was established in 1859 and we are committed now more than ever to helping clients meet financial goals in all stages of their lives. One of the hallmarks of our proud heritage is providing world-class customer service.
We're always looking for smart and talented people to help us develop new and innovative ways to expand our product portfolio, reach new customers and serve well the clients already a part of the AXA family.