Expense Accounting & Allocations
The Corporate Expense & Allocation Team is involved in managing, analyzing and reporting corporate expenses, which include the benefit plans, share based compensation, fixed assets, and software capitalization. The team is also responsible for allocating company expenses to legal entities and products and determining deferrable expenses. The allocations are used by various parties for pricing, EEV and NBV. Accounting Manager responsibilities include:
• Prepares more complex account reconciliations, journal entries, and ad hoc management reporting.
• Compiles, reviews and analyzes financial statements, exhibits and/or filings.
• Manages a series of more complex functions or departmental projects.
• Manages financial control processes and SOX Compliance review and testing.
• Coordinates support for audit and regulatory requests.
• Responsible for gathering, analyzing and prioritizing business and functional requirements to facilitate the development of new systems or technical solutions for the business.
• Reviews junior level staff journal entries, account reconciliations and User Acceptance Testing.
• Researches accounting theory.
• Identifies opportunities for improvement
*Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business or Finance required, 8+ years of accounting or 4-7 years of related field experience.
*Strong understanding of Statutory, US GAAP, and IFRS accounting bases.
* Strong understanding of Accounting and Reporting Requirements.
* Demonstrates general ledger and reconciliation system experience.
* Knowledge of life insurance concepts, insurance accounting, analytic review and
product dynamics a plus
* Excellent organization, analytical and written/verbal communications skills.
* Exhibits creative problem solving and leadership in business requirements, development and management.
* Knowledge of MS products (Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint).
* Strong query and reporting skills a plus.
* Public Accounting or CPA a plus.
NOTE: AXA participates in the E-Verify program.
In addition to competitive compensation and an outstanding benefits package including 401 (k) and medical programs, we offer the opportunity for continued professional development in a congenial corporate environment.
AXA is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to our employees, applicants and candidates based on individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disabilities, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information or any other class protected by federal, state and local laws.
AXA is a leading financial protection company, committed to fostering and maintaining a diverse, multicultural and inclusive environment, and one of the nation’s premier providers of life insurance and annuity products. The organization was established in 1859 and we are committed now more than ever to helping clients meet financial goals in all stages of their lives. One of the hallmarks of our proud heritage is providing world-class customer service.
We're always looking for smart and talented people to help us develop new and innovative ways to expand our product portfolio, reach new customers and serve well the clients already a part of the AXA family.