AXA US’s Treasury Department is leading the way in redefining Finance Service Delivery. Through the recent implementation of our new GTreasury system we have enhanced our ability to process daily work and are moving toward a more customer focused, analytics driven organization. In the treasury accounting function, we work closely with controllers department involved in many corporate controls including management of the closing process, balance sheet accountability and reporting and accounting for the company's Cash Settlement segment. We are looking for an individual with superior analytical and interpersonal skills with a background in accounting, financial analysis, or previous treasury experience to help us continue to improve our service and better serve AXA US. At a high level, responsibilities for this role will include:
• To prepare and maintain all daily Treasury accounting entries within the Treasury workstation
• Act as the key contact for all daily Treasury Accounting inquiries
• Prepare month-end and quarter-end journal entries and any necessary accruals by reviewing various internal reports, understanding of Company financial accounts and by working with other business units
• Prepare weekly Treasury accounting reports, research and resolve various accounting issues in a timely manner
• Performs closing procedures in support of month-end general ledger close such as preparing journal entries, reconciling bank and general ledger accounts
• Analyze the daily accounting work flow process in the Treasury Workstation and make recommendations to further streamline the process
• Assist in preparing for external and internal audits.
• Handling ad-hoc Treasury Accounting requests
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance with 1-3 years of Accounting/Treasury management
• Have a solid understanding of GAAP, Sarbanes-Oxley and the accounting close process
• Team player, customer service oriented and strong work ethic
• Self-reliant, ability to manage time and deadlines independently with strong attention to detail
• Excellent written, verbal, Time management and inter-personal communication skills
• Experience with financial reporting software – Treasury workstation and General Ledger systems such as PeopleSoft, experience a plus
• Proficient use of Microsoft Office products – with a very high level of Excel required
NOTE: AXA participates in the E-Verify program.
In addition to competitive compensation and an outstanding benefits package including 401 (k) and medical programs, we offer the opportunity for continued professional development in a congenial corporate environment.
AXA is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to our employees, applicants and candidates based on individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disabilities, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information or any other class protected by federal, state and local laws.
AXA is a leading financial protection company, committed to fostering and maintaining a diverse, multicultural and inclusive environment, and one of the nation’s premier providers of life insurance and annuity products. The organization was established in 1859 and we are committed now more than ever to helping clients meet financial goals in all stages of their lives. One of the hallmarks of our proud heritage is providing world-class customer service.
We're always looking for smart and talented people to help us develop new and innovative ways to expand our product portfolio, reach new customers and serve well the clients already a part of the AXA family.