The Senior Director, Finance Business Partner maintains a broad understanding of the industry and related financial key performance indicators for the Individual Annuity business, including underlying earnings, value and capital measures and advises senior and business management, and relevant third parties. The successful candidate will have a background and demonstrated ability to deliver results in both strategic and finance roles.
• Provides leadership and direction and collaborates with senior-level business partners to plan and implement major strategies and initiatives and assess impact on key financial KPIs. Oversees and leads varying groups within his/her department and across the organization to constantly improve process and identify efficiencies. Project manages medium-to-large scale projects within his/her department and across departments.
• Communicates critical and relevant information to senior leadership team within Finance on a regular and timely basis.
• Reviews and finalizes responses to audit and regulatory findings and presents findings to upper management.
• Extensive knowledge of financial reporting and analysis, the industry and business in general.
• Excellent verbal, written communication and presentation skills with target audience primarily to senior management level on a regular basis.
• Excellent skills in working with other teams to influence/negotiate decisions and to collaborate to reach optimal solutions.
• Advocates and engages in cross-functional actions and initiatives that are needed to improve our efficiency and effectiveness in achieving our business objectives.
• Strong analytical skills, with a demonstrated ability to integrate information from various sources to solve problems without necessarily having all details available when making a decision.
• 8+ years of work experience in Finance and/or Strategy. Bachelors degree in Finance, Economics, Statistics or Accounting or equivalent work experience.
• Demonstrated ability to maintain effectiveness in constantly changing environment.
• Excellent skills in working with other teams to influence decisions and to collaborate to reach optimal solutions.
• Ability to manage/sponsor large scale cross functional strategic initiatives within budget and under aggressive timeframes.
• Strong process improvement, automation, simplification and standardization work style.
• Excellent planning, organization and problem-solving skills. Insurance industry and related Accounting experience.
• Public Accounting Experience, CPA, CFA, MBA, FSA accreditation is preferred.
NOTE: AXA participates in the E-Verify program.
In addition to competitive compensation and an outstanding benefits package including 401 (k) and medical programs, we offer the opportunity for continued professional development in a congenial corporate environment.
AXA is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to our employees, applicants and candidates based on individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disabilities, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information or any other class protected by federal, state and local laws.
AXA is a leading financial protection company, committed to fostering and maintaining a diverse, multicultural and inclusive environment, and one of the nation’s premier providers of life insurance and annuity products. The organization was established in 1859 and we are committed now more than ever to helping clients meet financial goals in all stages of their lives. One of the hallmarks of our proud heritage is providing world-class customer service.
We're always looking for smart and talented people to help us develop new and innovative ways to expand our product portfolio, reach new customers and serve well the clients already a part of the AXA family.