AXA US's Business Unit CFO team provides financial guidance and support to the various business units within the Company. The Analyst, Growth Analytics role is an exciting and unique opportunity to gain exposure to and experience working with multiple business units as well as various departments with the Finance unit in AXA US (specifically the US Life & Retirement Business, Marketing and Operations units). Primary responsibilities include:
- Performs basic trend or actuals vs. baseline analysis for financial items which are low to medium in complexity in scope
- Performs data validation functions such as reconciliation of data sources to ensure information is complete and accurate
- Research competitors in the market to provide management with meaningful analysis to benchmark financials vs. peers
- Develop presentations for senior management which provide insight and recommendations on complex financial topics
- Create dashboards with actionable metrics to help manage and understand trajectory of business
- Day-to-day focus on root cause analysis of low-to-medium complexity problems where expertise is required to interpret against policies, guidelines or procedures
- Assists in the initial data gathering and preparation of various financial analysis supporting recommendations to the business with very direct supervision and guidance
- Ability to build financial models which help forecast business outcomes under various scenarios
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Economics, Statistics with 2-3 years experience with financial analysis, strategy and reporting concepts.
- Strong verbal/written communication and listening skills with ability to clearly define issues and potential root causes and recommendations
- Good analytical and problem solving skills. Ability to research low to medium complexity financial accounting issues with limited supervision
- Self-motivated and Self-directed work style who seeks regular proactive feedback from supervisor
- Good organization skills with a focus on meeting and exceeding expectations in terms of quality and timeliness of work products delivered
- Demonstrated ability to meet project deadlines and work within a fast paced, project driven and team environment. Demonstrated initiative, flexibility and professional skills in dealing with management
- Intermediate to Advanced Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint skills to manipulate and analyze large volumes of data
- Insurance industry and accounting knowledge/experience is a plus
NOTE: AXA participates in the E-Verify program.
In addition to competitive compensation and an outstanding benefits package including 401 (k) and medical programs, we offer the opportunity for continued professional development in a congenial corporate environment.
AXA is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to our employees, applicants and candidates based on individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disabilities, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information or any other class protected by federal, state and local laws.
AXA is a leading financial protection company, committed to fostering and maintaining a diverse, multicultural and inclusive environment, and one of the nation’s premier providers of life insurance and annuity products. The organization was established in 1859 and we are committed now more than ever to helping clients meet financial goals in all stages of their lives. One of the hallmarks of our proud heritage is providing world-class customer service.
We're always looking for smart and talented people to help us develop new and innovative ways to expand our product portfolio, reach new customers and serve well the clients already a part of the AXA family.