This role oversees one channel within the sales desk and is responsible for the development and success of each Internal Wholesaler on the team. The Life Insurance wholesaling team works with financial and insurance professionals across multiple channels of distribution to provide protection, accumulation and business solutions to client needs.
A successful sales desk manager is expected to accomplish the following:
• Continuously improve the development of each Life Internal Wholesaler on their team by a quantifiable amount with regard to:
o phone skills
o uncovering needs
o providing solutions
o territory management
• Instill and promote a team culture that includes passion, ownership of all issues and a forever present sense of urgency
• Manage the day to day needs of a group of nine Life Internal Wholesalers
• Oversee a call coaching program that includes multiple monthly opportunities for every employee on team to improve
• Conduct regular 1 on 1 meetings with team members to review sales, activity, and overall performance
• Ensure the proper product and process training for each Life Internal Wholesaler
• Create, administer and champion weekly marketing activity that aligns with our groups strategy and goals
• Ability to find and hire exceptionally talented employees that fit our culture
• Build and maintain relationships with outside sales organizations/reps in addition to AXA Life’s external wholesalers and various internal departments
• Act as a resource and champion for any escalation type requests that flow through the sales desk
• Over three years of sales experience in the Financial Service industry
• Life & Health, Series 6 & Series 63 required
• Proven track record of success managing a sales team
• Series 26 preferred
Skills Required - The below are a list of competencies required to be a successful in this position:
• Enthusiasm and Passion
• Coach-first mentality
• The type of person that others want to work hard and succeed for
• Ability to convey complicated things in a simplified manner
• Solution finder
NOTE: AXA participates in the E-Verify program.
In addition to competitive compensation and an outstanding benefits package including 401 (k) and medical programs, we offer the opportunity for continued professional development in a congenial corporate environment.
AXA is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to our employees, applicants and candidates based on individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disabilities, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information or any other class protected by federal, state and local laws.
AXA is a leading financial protection company, committed to fostering and maintaining a diverse, multicultural and inclusive environment, and one of the nation’s premier providers of life insurance and annuity products. The organization was established in 1859 and we are committed now more than ever to helping clients meet financial goals in all stages of their lives. One of the hallmarks of our proud heritage is providing world-class customer service.
We're always looking for smart and talented people to help us develop new and innovative ways to expand our product portfolio, reach new customers and serve well the clients already a part of the AXA family.