The Director, Hedging Strategy Development plays a critical role in the research, development and implementation of AXA US's hedge strategies. Responsibilities include:
- Builds and implements models and infrastructure necessary to design, develop and test multi-dimensional hedge strategies to optimize P&L of hedged guarantees (particularly those of variable annuities) using standard and exotic capital markets instruments. This work includes scenario generation, model calibration, optimization, options pricing and stochastic calculus.
- Suggests P&L attribution and performance measurement adjustments required for strategies that have been implemented.
- Suggests changes/updates and provides supporting analysis so that hedging strategies for VA guarantees fully reflect the composition of separate account investments.
- Key contributor and often lead on Team's initiatives aimed at derivatives/market modeling, analytical research and infrastructure development.
- Prepares and occasionally delivers presentation decks to management on hedging and derivatives topics.
- Acts as primary lead on team's general software infrastructure development, including the modeling of new derivative instruments.
- 4+ years experience in a derivatives or modeling role
- Prior responsibility for valuing/analyzing derivatives, expert knowledge of capital markets, derivatives pricing and risk characteristics.
- Expert mathematical skills, typically achieved through an MS or more in a quantitative discipline; expert programming skills in a high level language.
- Preferred Masters Degree in Financial Engineering or equivalent quantitative & finance background (PhD is common).
NOTE: AXA participates in the E-Verify program.
In addition to competitive compensation and an outstanding benefits package including 401 (k) and medical programs, we offer the opportunity for continued professional development in a congenial corporate environment.
AXA is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to our employees, applicants and candidates based on individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disabilities, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information or any other class protected by federal, state and local laws.
AXA is a leading financial protection company, committed to fostering and maintaining a diverse, multicultural and inclusive environment, and one of the nation’s premier providers of life insurance and annuity products. The organization was established in 1859 and we are committed now more than ever to helping clients meet financial goals in all stages of their lives. One of the hallmarks of our proud heritage is providing world-class customer service.
We're always looking for smart and talented people to help us develop new and innovative ways to expand our product portfolio, reach new customers and serve well the clients already a part of the AXA family.