• Solid understanding of accounting and financial reporting concepts.
• Demonstrates analytical skills including solid understanding of business processes and concepts.
• Insurance industry and accounting experience is a plus.
• Excellent written/verbal communications and listening skills.
• Requires strong communication, and interpersonal skills.
• Demonstrates ability to work independently and meet project deadlines and work within a fast-paced, project-driven and team environment.
• Strong knowledge of MS products (Excel, Word, Access).
• Solid understanding of financial instruments and asset management principles.
Investment Accounting requires skills related to the understanding and application of technical accounting standards, financial reporting, valuation techniques and methodologies for derivatives, securities and other financial instruments and related products. Required skills include working technical knowledge and demonstrated experience in the areas of financial accounting, regulatory reporting, analysis and compliance for Tax, Statutory, USGAAP and IFRS. Additionally the following skills may be needed based on specific job requirements within the area: Derivatives: Working knowledge of accounting, valuation and reporting for vanilla and exotic equity/interest rate derivative instruments. Securities Accounting: Knowledge of Statutory investment accounting and NAIC regulations and filings.
NOTE: AXA participates in the E-Verify program.
In addition to competitive compensation and an outstanding benefits package including 401 (k) and medical programs, we offer the opportunity for continued professional development in a congenial corporate environment.
AXA is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to our employees, applicants and candidates based on individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disabilities, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information or any other class protected by federal, state and local laws.
• Prepares moderate to complex account reconciliations, journal entries, management and financial reporting/metrics and related analytics.
• Prepares ad hoc reports to support management requests.
• Provides supporting documentation to audit and regulatory requests.
• Performs SOX Compliance Testing.
• Manages a series of functions or a larger, departmental project.
• May work with Business Partners to prepare business requirement documents and User Acceptance Testing for new products and system related projects.
• Researches accounting theory.
• Prepares documentation of standard operating practices.
• May review junior level staff journal and account reconciliations.
• Contributes to the transition of activities and related processes to the Functional Shared Service Center (FSSC).
• Supports the Functional Shared Service Center in the business as usual activities.
PLEASE NOTE: THERE ARE 3 POSITIONS AVAILABLE
AXA is a leading financial protection company, committed to fostering and maintaining a diverse, multicultural and inclusive environment, and one of the nation’s premier providers of life insurance and annuity products. The organization was established in 1859 and we are committed now more than ever to helping clients meet financial goals in all stages of their lives. One of the hallmarks of our proud heritage is providing world-class customer service.
We're always looking for smart and talented people to help us develop new and innovative ways to expand our product portfolio, reach new customers and serve well the clients already a part of the AXA family.