This position can reside in Syracuse, NY or New York City, NY
Compensation and benefits attorney responsible for legal advice relating to the design, implementation and ongoing administration of the company's qualified retirement plans and equity and deferred compensation programs for employees and sales associates.
General responsibilities include:
- Drafting plan documents, corporate resolutions, summary plan descriptions, option agreements and participant communications
- Researching and resolving legal issues related to plan design and administration
- Monitoring, and developing appropriate responses to, federal and state legislative regulatory changes related to compensation and benefit plans
Specific Functions Include:
- Acting as counsel to the investment committee for the qualified retirement plans
- Drafting the Compensation Discussion and Analysis for the company's 10-K filing
- Provide advice related to Internal Revenue Code 409A issues and the tax status of employees and sales associates
- 7 plus years of legal practice in ERISA, executive compensation and general employment benefit matters
- The position requires excellent research, writing, analytical and counseling skills
- Person must know retirement, 401k, equity plans and Erisa experience
NOTE: AXA participates in the E-Verify program.
In addition to competitive compensation and an outstanding benefits package including 401 (k) and medical programs, we offer the opportunity for continued professional development in a congenial corporate environment.
AXA is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to our employees, applicants and candidates based on individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disabilities, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information or any other class protected by federal, state and local laws.
AXA is a leading financial protection company, committed to fostering and maintaining a diverse, multicultural and inclusive environment, and one of the nation’s premier providers of life insurance and annuity products. The organization was established in 1859 and we are committed now more than ever to helping clients meet financial goals in all stages of their lives. One of the hallmarks of our proud heritage is providing world-class customer service.
We're always looking for smart and talented people to help us develop new and innovative ways to expand our product portfolio, reach new customers and serve well the clients already a part of the AXA family.