· Dotted line reporting line to the Global Business Line Internal Audit Function
· Strong working relationship with the Chairman of the ALE Audit Committee
· Interaction with all business functions in AXA Life Invest
· Part of the AXA Irish Entity Internal Audit working Group
· Excellent interpersonal skills (diplomacy and empathy are key)
· Inquisitive and analytical
· Strong report writing skills
· Organised and structured, able to develop a plan and work to it.
· IIA-recognised audit qualification
· Preferably a qualified accountant or actuary.
· Proficiency in French is highly desirable but not essential
· Ten years’ prior experience the Financial Services audit sector
· Previous experience in Big 4 accounting firm
· Experience of working in a multi-cultural multi-site environment
· Life insurance experience highly desirable
· Knowledge of business processes and systems is essential.
This is a stand-alone management role leading and operating the Internal Audit function for ALI across all our functions and sites. The position has responsibility and accountability for all Internal Audit activity and reports to the CEO of AXA Life Europe who is the Country Head for AXA Life Invest in Ireland and a member of the ALI Management Committee (MC). The role carries a high profile including regular exposure to the ALI MC, ALE Board Audit Committee, the ALE Board and Global Internal Audit function.
Internal Audit is a strategic function and the role is a Central Bank of Ireland Pre-approved Control Function (PCF-13). Applications should be aware that they will need to meet the necessary pre-appointment due diligence requirements for the role including approval of the Central Bank of Ireland under the Fitness and Probity regime.
Main activities of the Role:
Owns and implements the AXA Life Invest Internal Audit framework in compliance with AXA Group standards and Internal Audit best practice.
· Development and implementation of the Internal Audit Plan considering the business risks and the input of all stakeholders (Management Committee, Audit Committee & Board of Directors, AXA Group IA).
· Completion of scheduled and ad hoc audit assignments across all AXA Life Invest business functions
· Monitoring of audit issue progress to ensure all outstanding audit issues are brought to closure.
· Reporting all audit findings and issue status to the various governance bodies (MC, AC,Board as appropriate).
· Provide assistance to the CEO on governance matters.
· Promotion of the Internal Audit function to ensure the buy in and acceptance of process owners for issue identification and closure.
· Development of positive working relationships with members of the Senior Leadership Group within ALI to ensure commitment during and post Audit assignments.
· Potential owner and manager of IFC within ALI
The AXA Group, world leader in Financial Protection, supports and advises its individual and corporate customers at every life stage, providing the products and services that meet their insurance, personal protection, savings and wealth management needs. The Group employs 214,000 people and encompasses over 175 subsidiaries.
With offices in Ireland, France, the UK and Singapore, AXA Life Invest develops, distributes and delivers highly innovative investment products called Variable Annuities via Financial Advisers, Banks and Tied Agents in several markets.