To applky please send on an updated CV and cover letter to Denise.firstname.lastname@example.org
· Team of c.50 directly with significantly supported by outsource partners.
· Budget c€10m
· Member of the AXA Life Invest Senior Leadership Group
· Occasional travel to continental Europe may be required.
An attractive renumeration package will be on offer to the successful candidate
· 15+ years IT and Operations experience, at least 5 at executive level.
· Experience managing large, diverse teams of IT and Operations professionals.
· Experience leading change and championing transformative IT and Customer Service strategies which are sources of competitive advantage and differentiation.
· Deep knowledge and understanding of the full range of IT disciplines
· Drive and enthusiasm to make a difference to the business.
· A strong communicator with the ability to establish credibility, both within the IT and ESC functions and with key senior stakeholders.
· Strong team management and leadership skills – with a particular focus on creating positive alignment between business and IT/ Operations strategies.
· Knowledge of the Investment and Pensions business preferred but not a pre-requisite. Financial Services experience is highly desirable. May also suit candidates with experience a fintech or utility background.
This is a senior leadership role and leads the IT and Customer Service (new business and in-force) teams which are based in Dublin, Ireland. The role has responsibility and accountability for all of IT and ESC (European Service Centre) activities. The role reports to the CEO of AXA Life Europe who is the Country Head for AXA Life Invest in Ireland and a member of the ALI Management Committee. The role carries a very high profile and requires the creation and development of strong working relationship within the Senior Leadership Group of the organization.
IT and Customer Services are strategic function for the business, and as such there is a high degree of exposure locally and internationally. Career prospects are very strong for the right candidate.
Main activities of the Role:
· Lead the IT and ESC functions for AXA Life Invest. Develop a strategy to enhance the capability and performance of the IT and Service platform leading to excellence in customer experience (Adviser and end Client).
· Optimise the IT function and make it agile, cost effective and a driver of competitive advantage for ALI.
· Drive the digitisation of end to end processes for efficiency and enhanced customer experience.
· Collaborate closely with other areas of the organisation (distribution, marketing, product, digital) to create strong alignment providing outstanding IT capability to these teams.
· Where appropriate manage the in-source/ outsource of skills necessary to drive cost savings, enhanced flexibility, improved customer experience, performance and agility.
· Manage and positively influence key vendor relationships and ensure that there is strong control and visibility of 3rd party dependencies.
· Ensure the appropriate structure and skills are in place across the IT and ESC teams. Manage and develop the IT and ESC leadership to a high and consistently improving level of performance.
· Foster a culture of continuous improvement and best practice in IT and ESC.
· Manage budgeting, resourcing and key project implementation for the IT and ESC areas.
· Build a close and collaborative relationship with the Head of ESC (a direct report) to ensure excellence in customer experience.
· Promote the capability of the ALI IT and ESC platform within AXA as a resource and potential Centre of Excellence for the Group.
Chief Operating Officer (Director of IT and Operations)
The AXA Group, world leader in Financial Protection, supports and advises its individual and corporate customers at every life stage, providing the products and services that meet their insurance, personal protection, savings and wealth management needs. The Group employs 214,000 people and encompasses over 175 subsidiaries.
With offices in Ireland, France, the UK and Singapore, AXA Life Invest develops, distributes and delivers highly innovative investment products called Variable Annuities via Financial Advisers, Banks and Tied Agents in several markets. This position is based in Dublin, Ireland.