Attorney responsible for legal analysis and advice relating to the company’s mortgage and real estate investments and facilities management. Candidate must be willing to take on new challenges and looking to build a career within a progressive global organization.
Negotiation, drafting and legal counseling related to:
- Real estate lending (including commercial mortgage lending, construction to permanent loan projects, mezzanine financing, agricultural lending, co-lending and intercreditor arrangements and transitional loans);
- Real estate equities (including direct equity investments, LP and LLC investments and joint ventures);
- Troubled loans (including workouts/restructures, foreclosures and bankruptcies);
- Facilities management (including leases, extensions/modifications, sub-leases, estoppels and SNDAs) ;
- Investment advisory agreements;
- Engineering and environmental matters;
- Title analysis; and,
- Investment advisory, asset management and property management agreements.
- Juris Doctorate degree required;
- Bar admission in New York required;
- 5+ years of experience in real estate matters required;
- Experience in major national law firm and in-house department of a major insurance company or financial institution;
- Excellent drafting and negotiating skills required
- Strong analysis and communication skills required;
- Must be able to build relationships and effectively counsel across all levels of the organization.
NOTE: AXA participates in the E-Verify program.
In addition to competitive compensation and an outstanding benefits package including 401 (k) and medical programs, we offer the opportunity for continued professional development in a congenial corporate environment.
AXA is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to our employees, applicants and candidates based on individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disabilities, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information or any other class protected by federal, state and local laws.
AXA is a leading financial protection company, committed to fostering and maintaining a diverse, multicultural and inclusive environment, and one of the nation’s premier providers of life insurance and annuity products. The organization was established in 1859 and we are committed now more than ever to helping clients meet financial goals in all stages of their lives. One of the hallmarks of our proud heritage is providing world-class customer service.
We're always looking for smart and talented people to help us develop new and innovative ways to expand our product portfolio, reach new customers and serve well the clients already a part of the AXA family.