Reporting to the Managing Director, Head of Brand Development, Reputation, and Marketing Operations, the Director of Media Relations, Corporate Responsibility Strategy, and Public Affairs will assume accountability for maintaining and improving AXA’s public image through enhanced communications with press and broadcast media. The function is also responsible for influencing and extending the Brand strategy through effective and integrated External Affairs and Corporate Responsibility plans.
- Serve as a company spokesperson, developing and maintaining relationships of trust and respect between the company and the media and in regards to corporate responsibility initiatives and projects.
- Responsible for communications with AXA Advisors, analysts and the press (there is no direct analysts responsibility; the position would liaise with IR).
- Manage a proactive and reactive flow of interaction between the media and company, leveraging earned media to build the AXA Brand.
- Able to effectively manage the mainstream media and educate and influence the media.
- Interact with leaders of AXA’s other marketing communications disciplines in the creation of integrated marketing plans.
- Interact with company’s leadership, as appropriate, to assist with communication of events/strategies.
- Advise company’s leadership regarding public relations strategy for sensitive business matters both internal and external (M&A, regulatory impact) and identify media opportunities for said leadership.
- Interact with company’s Global media relations team (in Paris) to effectively translate and compliment global media strategy in the US market.
- Liaise with the head of AXA Foundation and CR Operations.
- Develop quantitative measurement systems to assess reputation and apprise management of key news developments involving the public perception of corporate and industry activities.
- Develop and lead AXA US corporate responsibility strategies with nation-wide scope.
- Work with Chief CR Officer and internal business leads on developing and aligning CR with business growth strategy.
- Liaise with AXA Group to maintain US CR strategy alignment with AXA’s CR profile globally.
- Oversee and manage a core team of highly skilled professionals (3 right now including a 3A role) that is responsible for developing and producing public relations and publicity programs, writing press releases, handling media relations and scheduling senior management and investment staff interviews. Having built relationships with key media contacts, may also arrange interviews with appropriate staff (e.g., analysts) to increase public awareness / reputation of the firm.
- Bachelor's degree (Master’s degree preferred) in Communications, Journalism, Business Administration or a related field
- 10+ years of experience in a similar role in insurance or financial services industry.
- Solid understanding of the industry’s regulatory and compliance issues for purposes of communicating effectively with the media on a wide range of issues.
- Experience with integrated CR & financial reporting a plus.
- Extensive experience in the following skills:
- strong management skills and strategic thinking capabilities;
- project management;
- strategic communication planning;
- superior interpersonal & communication skills;
- solid knowledge of regulatory requirements.
- Apply and/or develop highly advanced principles and concepts.
- Ability to set long term strategy and vision independently, and lead execution.
- Project or forecast future internal or external needs.
- Evaluate impact on strategic marketing communication planning objectives and strategies.
- Develop methods to track effectiveness of implemented programs.
- Monitor performance and cost effectiveness of outside vendors and freelance contractors.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate well with executive management in a complex and matrix environment within the organization, and globally.
- Diplomatic, culturally sensitive and able to express a global outlook.
NOTE: AXA participates in the E-Verify program.
In addition to competitive compensation and an outstanding benefits package including 401 (k) and medical programs, we offer the opportunity for continued professional development in a congenial corporate environment.
AXA is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to our employees, applicants and candidates based on individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disabilities, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information or any other class protected by federal, state and local laws.
AXA is a leading financial protection company, committed to fostering and maintaining a diverse, multicultural and inclusive environment, and one of the nation’s premier providers of life insurance and annuity products. The organization was established in 1859 and we are committed now more than ever to helping clients meet financial goals in all stages of their lives. One of the hallmarks of our proud heritage is providing world-class customer service.
We're always looking for smart and talented people to help us develop new and innovative ways to expand our product portfolio, reach new customers and serve well the clients already a part of the AXA family.