The Director will be responsible for compliance, tax accounting and tax planning across a variety of legal entities and accounting basis. Responsibilities will include preparing/reviewing financial statement entries and tax returns and making recommendations to optimize tax benefits. S/he will add value to the AXA Tax department by thinking strategically, applying tax theory to actual issues and mentoring junior staff. The AXA Tax Department is a close-knit group of accountants and attorneys that handles all tax matters for AXA US. The Department encourages collaboration, fosters camaraderie and provides development opportunities. Tax personnel gain exposure to senior leadership and are encouraged to proactively develop their knowledge base both on tax matters and AXA/Insurance industry issues.
• Minimum 8 - 10 years of tax experience in the life and/or property & casualty insurance industry or in a tax practice of a major accounting firm working with life insurance companies
• Technical expertise and experience in life insurance tax and tax accounting required (SSAP 101, FAS 109 and, preferably, IAS 12)
• CPA/Masters in Tax or JD/LLM preferred
• Proficiency in Corptax a definite plus
• Strong analytical skills
• Flexibility, problem solving, and organizational skills
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to partner and build strong working relationships with senior Finance leadership
• Strong team approach when working with colleagues
• Independent thinker with self-initiative
• Skilled at clearly and succinctly articulating written and oral communications and tailoring it to the specific audience
NOTE: AXA participates in the E-Verify program.
In addition to competitive compensation and an outstanding benefits package including 401 (k) and medical programs, we offer the opportunity for continued professional development in a congenial corporate environment.
AXA is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to our employees, applicants and candidates based on individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disabilities, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information or any other class protected by federal, state and local laws.
AXA is a leading financial protection company, committed to fostering and maintaining a diverse, multicultural and inclusive environment, and one of the nation’s premier providers of life insurance and annuity products. The organization was established in 1859 and we are committed now more than ever to helping clients meet financial goals in all stages of their lives. One of the hallmarks of our proud heritage is providing world-class customer service.
We're always looking for smart and talented people to help us develop new and innovative ways to expand our product portfolio, reach new customers and serve well the clients already a part of the AXA family.