AXA’s Sourcing & Procurement team provides support to the business by providing guidance and governance related to the management of vendors. This team is at the forefront of major company initiatives with primary responsibility for negotiations, risk assessment, contracting and ongoing vendor management of the organization’s vendor contracts. We have state of the art tools and a strong centralized team. Through the use of contemporary technology platforms, the Sourcing and Procurement team partners with vendors in a manner that minimizes risk while providing the best value for the negotiated price. We collaborate with our other AXA entities to leverage global spend and best practices.
This is an excellent environment and role for an individual with a background in sourcing or vendor management who is interested in continuing their development and gaining experience in vendor management. The ideal candidate is a self starter and a great collaborator with demonstrated success working in a business partnering capacity. You should be dedicated, curious, creative and willing to be a true partner to the business.
The Vendor Management, Lead Manager is responsible for developing, executing, and tracking strategic vendor strategies focused on achieving cost savings through a variety of levers such as demand management, vendor consolidation, and sourcing goals for specific business areas. Working closely with the business area vendor liaisons and third party vendor representatives, the Vendor Manager is charged with delivering on third party spend savings targets while developing and monitoring vendor performance metrics.
This role reports to the Senior Director – Vendor Management COE Lead who in turn reports to the Chief Procurement Officer (CPO).
• Develops market analysis and develops vendor strategies to meet business needs & to extract maximum value from the vendor relationship
• Develops training materials for the vendor management training program
• Conducts training for vendor managers with respect to the vendor management policies
• Provides strategic insights around various dimensions of the vendor portfolio – including cost optimization, demand management, risk and performance
• Develops strategic alliances with preferred vendors/partners
• Monitors vendor spend, savings and performance metrics for specific vendors and business areas
• Develops and execute a robust communications strategy to advise key stakeholders of the program status, including coordination of the agenda and reporting for the Executive Vendor Management Committee
• Advises on vendor management policy development and revisions, as needed
• Master degree preferably in Business or Supply Chain required or equivalent experience, and/or CPM certification
• 6-8 years of experience in sourcing, contract negotiation, competitive price analysis, and purchasing
• Procurement and strategic sourcing knowledge, with multiple category sourcing expertise or vendor management equivalent experience
• Project management experience
• Team skills
• Management “presence” and communications
• Solid reputation
• Ability to quickly develop & maintain relationships
• Ability to address both strategic issues
• People management and development skills
• Strong financial, analytical and business acumen
• Negotiation skills
• Communication, networking and interpersonal skills
• Ability to successfully address large, challenging vendor relationships
AXA is a leading financial protection company, committed to fostering and maintaining a diverse, multicultural and inclusive environment, and one of the nation’s premier providers of life insurance and annuity products. The organization was established in 1859 and we are committed now more than ever to helping clients meet financial goals in all stages of their lives. One of the hallmarks of our proud heritage is providing world-class customer service.
We're always looking for smart and talented people to help us develop new and innovative ways to expand our product portfolio, reach new customers and serve well the clients already a part of the AXA family.