AXA has launched AXA Strategic Ventures (ASV), a €200 million venture capital fund focused on making seed and early-stage investments in emerging, innovative companies relevant to the insurance, asset management, financial technology and healthcare service industries.
AXA Strategic Ventures seeks a seasoned investment professional to play a leadership role with its newly formed U.S. Corporate Venture Capital investment team. ASV’s has many characteristics of a traditional venture fund and provides a platform for significant impact and career growth for an ambitious , early-stage investment professional.
This investment professional will possess significant venture capital “deal wisdom”, intuition and creativity in sourcing and structuring investments as well a strong network and leverageable relationships in New York City’s venture and entrepreneurial communities.
• It is essential that candidates are passionate about early-stage investing and well respected and entrenched in the early-stage ecosystem with a particular strength in the NY market. The desire and ability to drive awareness of ASV by being actively involved with conferences, accelerators, incubators.
• Strong domain expertise with technology enabled businesses across the financial services spectrum is highly desirable.
• Possess the leadership, confidence, credibility and investment creativity to identify transactions that are consistent with ASV’s investment philosophy. He/she should have the necessary training and apprenticeship that enables him/her to formulate and present his/her own investment judgments. Individuals must possess a keen intellect, be extremely analytical and thoughtful, and comfortable challenging conventional wisdom.
• Possess the relationship building skills required to help establish ASV in the market and also to build the bridges internally with the leaders of AXA’s main lines of business.
• Board experience and a track record of adding value to portfolio companies.
• This individual must be a self starter, operate with an ownership mentality and a sense of urgency and comfortable working in small deal teams.
• A history of success and achievement throughout his/her life including business, academia, and other pursuits.
NOTE: AXA Equitable participates in the E-Verify program.
In addition to competitive compensation and an outstanding benefits package including 401 (k) and medical programs, we offer the opportunity for continued professional development in a congenial corporate environment. EOE M/F/D/V
AXA Equitable is a leading financial protection company, committed to fostering and maintaining a diverse, multicultural and inclusive environment, and one of the nation’s premier providers of life insurance and annuity products. The organization was established in 1859 and we are committed now more than ever to helping clients meet financial goals in all stages of their lives. One of the hallmarks of our proud heritage is providing world-class customer service.
We're always looking for smart and talented people to help us develop new and innovative ways to expand our product portfolio, reach new customers and serve well the clients already a part of the AXA Equitable family.