Internship - Risk Analyst - (F/H) - May 2022
The AXA Group, world leader in Financial Protection, supports and advises its individual and corporate customers at every life stage, providing them with the products and services that meet their insurance, personal protection, savings and wealth management needs.
Our areas of expertise are reflected in a range of products and services adapted to the needs of each client in three major business lines: property-casualty insurance, life & savings, and asset management.
In 2021, present in 54 countries, the 153,000 employees and distributors of AXA were committed to serving 105 million clients.
AXA Corporate Center’s main missions are to:
- Steer the entities in order to ensure the coherence of the strategies, the consistency of the commercial approaches as well as the optimization of the risks and results.
- Defining and coordinating Group policies, different transversal projects and standards, identifying and sharing best practices.
- Supporting the entities in order to help them to grow, to develop their offer, their management and steering standards as well as their risk management.
The head office of AXA Group (GIE AXA), based in La Défense, gathers the Group's corporate activities. It coordinates the various entities according to the Group's strategy and is responsible for managing international projects. The headquarters is composed with over 1000 employees and is distinguished by its strong international culture (45 nationalities).
The internship will be based at the AXA Group Risk Management (GRM) department.
The AXA Group Risk Management Department is made of highly qualified risk professionals: actuaries, engineers, and specialists of finance, based in Paris 8e, Zurich, and Madrid. The department’s mains missions are as follows:
- Quantify, aggregate, and analyze the risks borne by the AXA Group, in particular via the Economic Capital framework
- Define and set up the adequate processes to maintain these risks within acceptable limits (natural catastrophes, assets concentration, longevity …)
- Optimize the Group protection (hedging, reinsurance, securitization…)
The GRM Department is a key department within the AXA Group, as it faces the most sophisticated challenges of a leading international insurance company.
You will work within the P&C (Property & Casualty) section of this department, in the team dedicated to risk transfer. This team is closely involved in the strategic decisions made by the Top Management as regards to reinsurance and securitization.
Offering global understanding of AXA’s exposure to Nuclear Risk, participate to the development of specific methodology to assess nuclear risk in the internal model under Solvency 2 framework.
This internship will be an opportunity for the student to apply and improve their statistical knowledge and their modeling skills.
Through this mission he/she will have the opportunity to find out the challenge within the Risk management in an international environment. The intern will have the opportunity to improve Solvency 2 concept and to develop his/her awareness of actuarial and regulatory issues.
The internship will allow student to work on transversal project in connection with different team in AXA: Group and Entities.
Technical and professional skills:
- You have an actuarial background or a strong scientific background including a degree in insurance or finance
- You have a strong interest in modelling topics
- You have strong programming skills (R/Python)
- You have rigorous and you have a strong sense of figures
- You are enthusiastic about working in an international environment
- Good verbal and written communication skills are required (in French and in English)
- Ability to analyze and summary
- You are a good team player and can network easily
- You are creative and like to bring new ideas
- You are reliable and autonomous
- You like to be challenged
- You can deliver on time
If you wish to have an internship in an international and dynamic team, you are very welcome to apply!
Would you like to wake up every day driven and inspired by our noble mission and to work together as one global team to empower people to live a better life? Here at AXA we strive to lead the transformation of our industry. We are looking for talented individuals who come from varied backgrounds, think differently and want to be part of this exciting transformation by challenging the status quo so we can push AXA - a leading global brand and one of the most innovative companies in our industry - onto even greater things.
In a fast-evolving world and with a presence in 64 countries, our 165,000 employees and exclusive distributors anticipate change to offer services and solutions tailored to the current and future needs of our 107 million customers.
The headquarters of the AXA Group, based in Paris 8th, brings together the Group's corporate activities. It coordinates the various entities with the Group's strategy, and is responsible for managing international projects. The headquarters has approximately 800 employees and is distinguished by its strong international culture (39 nationalities).
We provide you regular career opportunities in international teams. If you want to join us, don’t hesitate to apply !
Information provided by applicants will be processed in strict confidentiality and may be used exclusively for recruitment processes.