Senior Underwriter Political Risk, Credit & Bond
As a Senior Underwriter for AXA XL’s Political Risk, Credit & Bond team in Paris/ France you will be responsible for delivering a profitable ‘Underwriting’ service to your clients. Your key tasks include: underwriting business within the agreed business plan and individual authority; supporting the business planning and forecasting process; monitoring financial exposure within outlined limits; monitoring premium income to ensure it remains within set limits; maintaining awareness of all claims advised while supporting and providing input on settlement of claims; building and maintaining relationships with brokers and clients; supporting the design and structure of risks.
DISCOVER your opportunity
What will your essential responsibilities include?
• Exercise discretion and independent judgment in the analysis and evaluation of risk by reference to business strategy and risk appetite.
• Working collaboratively in a team environment, assisting management team but also guiding and supporting other underwriters and underwriting assistants and working with risk teams.
• Analyze performance of portfolio as well as individual account performance and develop appropriate action to drive profitable growth based upon the analysis.
• Maintain compliance with all internal and external underwriting guidelines and legal requirements
• Understand the strategy and targets of AXA XL including financial measures.
• Plan, develop and integrate distribution & marketing plans to achieve top and bottom line objectives.
• Develop and maintain strong business relationships with key groups and individuals within the French market, as well as European countries and with London Brokers.
• Promote the company's expertise by participating in industry conferences and events while regularly conducting and taking leadership roles in client and broker meetings.
• Negotiate with brokers to win targeted business at the right price, while declining business that is not in line with strategy or pricing.
• Operate at all times within defined authority level and in line with AXA XL’s underwriting policies, rules and guidelines, and referral requirements.
• Develop and drive customer service performance.
• Deliver service excellence through effective collaboration including contribution to the recording and maintenance of high quality data in underwriting systems.
• Support the business planning and forecasting process.
• Maintain awareness of all claims advised while supporting and providing input on settlement of claims.
• Possess an expert level of technical knowledge and skills including industry and products (Asset Backed finance, Project Finance, Structured finance, Export Finance, CF/ CR, UFCB).
You will report to the Head of France/Benelux for Political Risk, Credit & Bond, as well as the Country manager in France.
SHARE your talent
We’re looking for someone who has these abilities and skills:
• Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent). A legal and /or a banking background would be an asset.
• Proven experience in Political Risk, Credit and Bond based insurance (At least 10/12 years)
• Possesses demonstrated high-level and extensive technical knowledge and skills, including product and industry knowledge, reflective of successful progression through various job levels.
• Advanced analytical, negotiation and sales/marketing skills.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in French and English.
• Strong organizational, time-management and multi-tasking skills combined with a strong work ethic.
• Interpersonal Savvy - Demonstrated ability to build and maintain strong insured and broker contacts.
• Ability to develop and understand business processes, strategy and planning.
• Ability to respond to a changing environment with flexibility and innovation.
• Collaborative team player who provides creative solutions and ideas for resolution.
Would you like to wake up every day driven and inspired by our noble mission and to work together as one global team to empower people to live a better life? Here at AXA we strive to lead the transformation of our industry. We are looking for talented individuals who come from varied backgrounds, think differently and want to be part of this exciting transformation by challenging the status quo so we can push AXA - a leading global brand and one of the most innovative companies in our industry - onto even greater things.
In a fast-evolving world and with a presence in 64 countries, our 165,000 employees and exclusive distributors anticipate change to offer services and solutions tailored to the current and future needs of our 107 million customers.
At AXA XL our approach to corporate responsibility (CR) is the same as our approach to business; constantly seeking to provide innovative solutions to the world’s most complex problems. From offering our expertise, products and services to help build more resilient communities, to advancing understanding and response to climate change, our strategy – Our Impact. Our Future. – aligns key issues that are pertinent to our business – climate, water and financial resilience - and contributes to AXA Group’s purpose to “Act for human progress by protecting what matters.”.
Climate: We’re reducing our carbon footprint, protecting ecosystems and exploring how our business can help build a better world.
Water: We’re developing water resilience where it is — and will be — needed most.
Financial resilience: We’re helping create opportunities for the unemployed and underemployed, so they can be better prepared for unexpected changes.
Hearts in Action: We have established volunteering and charitable giving programs to help colleagues support causes that matter most to them, known as our “Hearts in Action” programs.
For more information please see the Corporate Responsibility section on our website.
We provide you regular career opportunities in international teams. If you want to join us, don’t hesitate to apply !
Information provided by applicants will be processed in strict confidentiality and may be used exclusively for recruitment processes.