Head of Talent Acquisition
AXA UK are looking to appoint an experienced and dynamic Head of Talent Acquisition to create, lead and deliver our Talent Acquisition (TA) strategy. Reporting to the HR Chief Operating Officer, you’ll ensure we acquire the best talent for AXA’s current needs and future ambitions, whilst ensuring that we position AXA as an Employer of Choice. In addition to driving the TA strategy, you’ll be responsible for ensuring business delivery across all aspects of people acquisition. AXA’s TA team’s core ambition and purpose is to attract, find, assess and select diverse and engaged talent for AXA, by creating ‘Moments that Matter’ at every stage of the recruitment journey.
At AXA we’re adopting a Hybrid way of working, empowering our people to balance their time between home and the office in a way that works best for them, their team and our customers. We’re flexible on candidate location and would like to encourage applications from candidates located within a commutable distance to one of our many AXA UK office locations.
What you’ll be doing:
- Responsible for the creation and execution of the Talent Acquisition strategy and function for AXA UK.
- Develop, manage and maintain a highly skilled TA team, focussing on both Volume and Specialist Talent Acquisition, and ensuring delivery is maintained across all of AXA’s Business Units.
- Leverage strategic workforce and capability planning and talent management processes, to build organisational capability for current and emerging needs, utilising the full range of ‘routes to market’ resourcing solutions.
- Lead the way on Inclusive Recruitment practices across the candidate journey and ensure that all recruitment activity is fully diverse and inclusive.
- Develop, analyse and provide ongoing TA metrics to demonstrate the business value created by Talent Acquisition and to inform decision making about business & people strategy.
- Be in constant connection with external networks to really drive an outside-in approach to market changes and insight.
- Accountability for all TA processes and policies, leading role to maintain and drive improvements and efficiency, especially using automation tools to ensure a consistent, stable and excellent Candidate and Hiring Manager experience.
- Manage the relationships with all Strategic Partners, to ensure that all anyone representing AXA is positioning AXA as an Employer of Choice.
- Ability to anticipate, influence and balance the needs of multiple stakeholders and the business.
- In-depth knowledge and insight, business and external, of TA practices and their contribution to business success.
- Strong strategic mindset and ability to translate high level strategy into actionable goals and objectives.
- Hands-on experience with Applicant Tracking Systems (ATSs) and HR databases to ensure full optimisation of the various systems.
- Comprehensive understanding of recruitment-related labour law, compliance and GDPR.
- Proven experience of successfully designing and executing diversity initiatives.
- Experience of managing a talent acquisition budget, through growth and scale-back environments.
- Expert in delivering best in class candidate experience.
- Ability to cultivate a culture of excellence and developing clear objectives for talent acquisition.
- Solid understanding of sourcing techniques, tools and channels.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to foster long-term relationships, with internal team, stakeholders, candidates and external strategic partners.
With a presence in over 60 countries, and 165,000 employees serving the needs of 107 million customers, AXA is big.
But never too big to care for every single person who works here. So when you join us, we promise to put our collective might behind you and your career.
You’ll work in an open and supportive environment where you’ll be developed, challenged and encouraged to move around to achieve even bigger and better things – nationally and internationally. You’ll learn directly from senior leaders, from the best in our business. And you’ll enjoy real responsibility, really early on.
Every large company today talks about supporting diversity and inclusion. But at AXA UK, these values form an integral part of everything we do. For us, it’s about bringing together the best talent, helping people to realise their full potential by being 100% themselves at work and delivering outstanding service to everyone – regardless of difference.
Proud to be part of the AXA Group, a global insurance brand and a worldwide leader in financial services, AXA Insurance businesses employ over 5,500 in a network of offices across the UK. Our expert teams care for a huge range of customers, helping them protect their cars, homes and businesses against life’s uncertainties. Whether bought directly, through brokers or through a number of corporate partners, our market-leading products are trusted by millions.
One of the best things about joining AXA is our rewards package. At AXA UK, we’re appreciative of the people who work for us and our rewards package is reviewed regularly to reflect that. You can expect to receive:
- Competitive annual salary
- Annual company & performance-based bonus
- Contributory pension scheme (up to 12% employer contributions)
- Life Assurance (up to 10 x annual salary)
- 28 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays
- Opportunity to buy up to 5 extra days leave or sell up to 3 days leave
- AXA employee discounts
- Gym benefits
AXA is proud to support the needs of our employees and as such understands everyone has individual work and home life responsibilities. We’re happy to discuss flexible working arrangements for this role, should this be a requirement for you.
At AXA, we want to become one of the most inspiring companies to work for and to achieve this ambition, we need the best talent to come and work for us. We look for candidates with the right skills and values to join us and selection is based on a fair and equal process. We’re proud to be committed to equal opportunities and welcome applications from all backgrounds. As a financial services company, all successful candidates will be subject to preemployment checks, so we can ensure regulatory compliance.
To apply, click ‘Apply Now’ and you’ll be able to upload your profile/CV from there. If you require an alternative method of applying or would like to discuss this role further, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.