Real Estate - Asset Manager
The Asset Manager is responsible for the management and value creation of 6 hotels, especially focused in the hospitality sector but also open to office / residential / logistics / alternative assets.
The Asset Manager is to propose and implement the best value creation strategy for each assets of his / her portfolio and is responsible for:
- Define the asset strategy, prepare annual business plans including action plans and corresponding financial models (DCF), ensure consistency with investors’ strategy, obtain approval from investors or Investment Committee and follow-on the implementation of the action plan
- Formalize the above in the required format once a year (ASAP / PAR / IC)
- Prepare, optimise and monitor the asset budget (revenues, opex and capex) with the property managers or hotel operators
- Challenge the P&L’s in collaboration with the Sector Specialist, including performance figures and costs of the hotel operators for the two hotels managed through Management Agreements on behalf of our clients.
- Take part to the Global hotel team to share and implement best practices across geographies.
- Develop and implement ESG strategies for the portfolio under management
- Monitor and challenge external valuations
- Monitor asset KPI’s and contribute to reporting of the investors and to the Global hotel portfolio performance figures.
- Select and manage property managers and all external servicers related to the asset
- Supervise the property, manage tenancy issues, claims and supervise potential law suits with legal advisors
- Collect, analyse and store all relevant and updated data / documentation at asset level (technical, legal, tax and commercial data) and ensure the legal conformity and the liquidity of assets
- Propose relevant product evolutions or asset repositioning. Management refurbishment or development programs coordinating with internal and/or external development experts.
- Set-up and implement ESG action plans, and ensure compliance with internal ESG requirements
- Coordinate all internal and external stakeholders, represent the investor in co-ownership
- Recommend, prepare and manage disposals (data room, valuation, RFP, etc...) in coordination with Sales and Lettings Manager
- Support some investments underwritings led by the Acquisitions teams and on-board new assets
- Manage and be responsible to lead post-closing issues that may arise in AUM, in coordination with the relevant internal teams
- Act as IC sponsor in relevant deals
- Deliver data in the format/tools required (Anaplan, Deepki, etc.)
- Report to Sector Specialist on key business topics for hotels under Management Agreement (Annual Operators budget, HMA renegotiation, Product Improvement Plan...) and on Special situations for hotels under Lease contract (Lease end or renewal, Product Improvement Plan…).
- Possibly act as a Director of SPVs
- Educated degree in business or real estate
- RICS accreditation would be a plus
- Proven track record in the Real Estate with a special focus on the hospitality sector and/or with an hospitality player (investor, hotel operator,..): several years of experience in an asset & investment manager / valuation or investment agent / professional advisory firm in the Real Estate industry, possibly with a specific expertise in the hospitality sector
- Minimum 5 year successful experience in the Real Estate sector and or hospitality sector
- Good knowledge of local real estate markets
- Good understanding of legislations and financial techniques related to Real Estate investments
- Accomplished interpersonal skills, ability to work efficiently in a team in an international and matrix environment
- Autonomous, initiative, entrepreneurial and result driven culture
- Strong analytical and synthesis capacity
- Verbal and written communications and presentation skills
- Creative thinking, capability to develop innovative solutions
- Flexibility to adapt to team requirements, and manage assets of different sectors
- Fluent in Dutch and English
In a fast-evolving world and with a presence in 64 countries, our 166,000 employees and exclusive distributors anticipate change to offer services and solutions tailored to the current and future needs of our 103 million customers
AXA Investment Managers (AXA IM) is a responsible asset manager, actively investing for the long-term to help its clients, its people and the world to prosper. Our high conviction approach enables us to uncover what we believe to be the best global investment opportunities across alternative and traditional asset classes, managing approximately €866 billion in assets as at the end of June 2021.
AXA IM is a leading investor in green, social and sustainable markets, managing €568 billion of ESG-integrated, sustainable and impact assets as at the end of June 2021.
We are committed to reaching net zero greenhouse gas emissions by 2050 across all our assets, and integrating ESG principles into our business, from stock selection to our corporate actions and culture. Our goal is to provide clients with a true value responsible investment solution, while driving meaningful change for society and the environment.
At end of June 2021, AXA IM employs over 2,488 employees around the world, operates out of 26 offices across 20 countries and is part of the AXA Group, a worldwide leader in insurance and asset management.
We are proud to foster a high-performance culture, which means that we seek to recruit and retain people who are not only technically-skilled but also globally-minded, innovative and able to leverage their unique perspectives and life experiences to support our success as a company.
AXA IM is committed to building an inclusive culture, valuing diversity and supporting the career progression of all employees.