We are a world-leading insurance company with a drive to champion human progress by protecting what matters most to us all. Global Insurance Management (GIM) is a part of the AXA Group of companies in use across more than 52 countries and in more than 47 languages worldwide by some of the world’s leading motor manufacturers and insurance companies.
This is a dynamic and inclusive organisation where everyone feels that they belong, are included and destined to thrive. With this in mind, we have a fantastic opportunity for an Underwriter to underwrite and manage Motor Extended Warranty, Mechanical Breakdown Insurance (Motor EW/MBI) and associated insurance product solutions within the worldwide market.
- Technical Pricing – including for complex international (multi country, multi-currency) tenders and where required presenting to Underwriting Committees and Risk Management for validation.
- Strongly contribute to and influence the existing business portfolio profitability.
- Collaborating with local teams on new business tenders, won business implementation projects and existing business management.
- Profit share agreements, calculations and accruals.
- Production of contractual documents with the support and guidance of senior members of the team and the Legal department.
- Ensuring all decisions made are in line with Regulatory requirements and Company values.
- Ensuring the profitability of all new business underwritten by the company.
- Provide guidance, assistance and be a referral point to other members of the team, as well as for other departments.
- Providing accurate and on-time analysis of individual accounts as required.
- Operating to the published Underwriting Guidelines and Target Operating Models issued by the AXA Group.
About you …
Ideally your background is within the Insurance or Financial sector and/or a technical role such as Underwriting & Actuarial/Financial techniques.
You are naturally confident with the ability to take the initiative, make decisions and explain reasoning. You are process-driven and have strong emphasis on the continuous improvement of self, team and company. We would like you to have a high degree of capability in MS Excel including Pivot Tables.
You’re very analytical and have excellent logical problem solving skills hence you have no problem absorbing, analysing or understanding complex technical information and data.
Focusing your attention and delivering targeted results comes naturally to you, and you keep the customer in mind at all times. Lastly, you thrive on working towards tight deadlines and have no problem prioritising your work with the customer and solution-oriented approach.
Due to our inclusive and diverse customer base you will need to interact with people from around the world, so, if you speak another language(s) it would be advantageous.
AXA Group is the world leader in insurance and asset management. We protect and advise our clients at every step in their lives, by offering products and services which satisfy their needs in the areas of insurance, personal protection, saving and asset management. AXA is the leading insurance brand worldwide, with over 100 million clients. We are transforming from payer to partner for our client, with a strong focus on risk prevention.
Our mission: Empower people to live a better life.
Our values: Customer First, Courage, Integrity and One AXA.
AXA Partners is an AXA transversal business unit offering a wide range of solutions in assistance services, travel insurance and credit protection.
AXA Partners’ role is also to implement innovative solutions emerging from the AXA Innovation unit.
Our mission is to help our Corporate clients to enrich their customers’ experience, with more than 9,000 employees at their service anywhere, anytime.
By joining AXA Partners, you will work in a responsible company, which offers a real culture of expertise & diversity. Our focus is on accelerating the development of everyone’s skills, whilst offering attractive and competitive compensation and opportunities for professional development and growth.
Additionally, at AXA, we work to make a real difference to people - when amazing things happen and when we create opportunities for a better life, the feeling of pride is extraordinary.
• Permanent Health Insurance
• Holiday up to 25 days + bank holidays
• AXA Private healthcare
• Death in Service