Customer Service Advisor
Are you someone with a passion for health and wellbeing who cares about making people feel good? Our customer service colleagues are the face of AXA Health, and we’re expanding our remarkable team. Here at AXA Health we’re looking for individuals with a ‘Know You Can’ mindset. So, if you’re a great communicator, a good listener, confident and positive in all that you do, you could fit right in! At AXA we’re adopting a Hybrid way of working, empowering our people to balance their time between home and one of our workplace hubs in Bristol or Tunbridge Wells in a way that works best for them, their team and our customers.
At AXA Health our customer service teams enjoy a friendly, flexible working environment, a competitive starting salary and great benefits. These include a generous holiday allowance, wellbeing support and the opportunity to learn, develop and progress in one of the world’s biggest and most successful global companies. We welcome people from all backgrounds, life stages and lifestyles, you don’t need experience in financial services or insurance or have a degree.
What you'll be doing:
- You’ll answer calls from people going through various health problems (from physio to cancer treatment) and advising them on their claim.
- Working in a supportive and experienced team of around 10-12 colleagues, you’ll take on average 30 calls a day. Our work and environment is very fast-paced, you'll need to be resilient to manage differing priorities.
- Occasionally you'll need to decline a customer request too. This will involve using judgement to take responsibility for gathering information and finding out answers, putting your customer’s interests at the heart of every decision you make.
Working Hours & Shift Pattern:
With our customers in mind, our phone lines are open 8am-8pm Monday to Friday, and 9am-5pm Saturdays and Bank Holidays. We’ll require you to work 37.5 hours a week on a rota basis and we compensate you for this with a generous shift allowance. We champion wellbeing and a work life balance, you will know well in advance the shift patterns you will be working each week, so you can plan around your hours.
Induction & Training:
Induction Date: Monday 10th January 2022 - Full time onsite training requirement
You will benefit from full training and support which will give you the skills and confidence for your role, no matter the stage of your career. We provide a Career Development Framework that is reviewed every six months for two years with your manager, giving you clear career progression. Your salary will increase as you move through the framework and after two years you could achieve a salary of £23,238 (plus your shift allowance). Once you're up to speed in your new job, there's also the chance to study for a professional Chartered Institute of Insurers (CII) qualification, paid for and supported by AXA.
- No previous experience is required, if you're looking to start a career, make a sector change or are looking to enter a head office environment from customer facing or retail environment, we'd love to hear from you!
- Ideally you'll have a friendly and approachable manner and be a great team player.
- You'll have a genuine desire to help others and possess a strong willingness to learn.
- Advanced organisation and time management skills with high attention to detail, you'll be comfortable managing multiple priorities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, able to talk clearly and listen to our customers.
With a presence in over 60 countries, and 165,000 employees serving the needs of 107 million customers, AXA is big.
But never too big to care for every single person who works here. So when you join us, we promise to put our collective might behind you and your career.
You’ll work in an open and supportive environment where you’ll be developed, challenged and encouraged to move around to achieve even bigger and better things – nationally and internationally. You’ll learn directly from senior leaders, from the best in our business. And you’ll enjoy real responsibility, really early on.
Every large company today talks about supporting diversity and inclusion. But at AXA UK, these values form an integral part of everything we do. For us, it’s about bringing together the best talent, helping people to realise their full potential by being 100% themselves at work and delivering outstanding service to everyone – regardless of difference.
AXA Health is the UK healthcare specialist for the AXA Group. Whatever our customers’ health goals, we help them get there. That could be getting someone physio for an injury that’s holding them back, or finding them the right specialist to take their treatment forward. Our team are experts in their fields: from experienced cancer nurses to pioneering data analysts; from our highly respected customer service team to our wide-ranging in-house team of clinicians. We all work together to be the best we can be.
One of the best things about joining AXA is our rewards package. At AXA UK, we’re appreciative of the people who work for us and our rewards package is reviewed regularly to reflect that. You can expect to receive:
- Competitive annual salary of £18,794 - £20,411 dependent on experience
- Shift allowance of 5% so depending on your starting salary (an additional £940 to £1,020)
- Performance related annual bonus of approximately 5.5% (circa £1,033 to £1,122)
- Contributory pension scheme (up to 12% employer contributions)
- Life Assurance (up to 10 x annual salary)
- Holiday starting from 23 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays
- Opportunity to buy up to 5 extra days leave or sell up to 3 days leave
- AXA employee discounts
- Gym benefits
AXA is proud to support the needs of our employees and as such understands everyone has individual work and home life responsibilities. We’re happy to discuss flexible working arrangements for this role, should this be a requirement for you.
At AXA, we want to become one of the most inspiring companies to work for and to achieve this ambition, we need the best talent to come and work for us. We look for candidates with the right skills and values to join us and selection is based on a fair and equal process. We’re proud to be committed to equal opportunities and welcome applications from all backgrounds. As a financial services company, all successful candidates will be subject to preemployment checks, so we can ensure regulatory compliance.
To apply, click ‘Apply Now’ and you’ll be able to upload your profile/CV from there.