Portfolio Manager (Thematic ESG)
The incumbent will be a member of the Global Thematic Team, responsible for the active management of Equity portfolios and responsible for actively contributing to the research efforts.
- Role requires management of funds and/or mandates working with the other fund managers and ensuring that the funds operate within client and regulatory guidelines. Support the launch of planned new funds.
- Ensure, where necessary, the implementation incorporates policies and programmes approved by management and the investment committees.
- Participate in supporting continuous improvement of the investment process.
- Understand and conform to AXA IM Equity’s compliance requirements.
- Conduct fundamental analysis of the allocated stocks within the investment team, and produce regular updates on the progress of the companies concerned.
- Participate in investment committees and be proactive in promoting ideas under the given process of the team.
- Keep abreast of market externalities and contribute to sharing and collaborative work environment.
- Actively promote the franchise from the fund management side, in strong partnership with the Product Specialists and Sales.
- Actively and openly communicate with clients on performance, being transparent and honest in all communications.
Perform other tasks and projects as assigned from time to time
- University degree and full/partial CFA qualification or equivalent in a relevant subject and/or relevant formal training
- Science/medical based degree preferred.
- Experience in global equity cleantech investment from a research perspective and ideally with portfolio management experience.
- Experience in bio-diversity research is a positive.
- Experience working in an international/ multi-location team desirable.
Knowledge and Skills
- General knowledge of world markets/economics and politics.
- Strong interest in ESG, in particular environment related research/investment.
- Financial modelling skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent marketing, presentational and client relations skills.
- Ability to analyse new industries/companies in a timely manner.
- Credibility of skill set/experience to third parties.
- Attention to detail and thoroughness in portfolio management.
- Willingness to share ideas with other team members.
- Ability to work well as part of a team with other investors.
- Ability to work autonomously and manage time effectively.
- Ability to stand back
- Strength of conviction and constructive mindset.
In a fast-evolving world and with a presence in 64 countries, our 166,000 employees and exclusive distributors anticipate change to offer services and solutions tailored to the current and future needs of our 103 million customers.
We are an active, long-term, global, multi-asset investor focused on enabling more people to harness the power of investing to meet their financial goals. By combining investment insight and innovation with robust risk management we have become one of the largest asset managers in Europe, managing €746bn in assets as of the end of 2017. We employ about 2,400 people around the world and operate out of 21 countries.
We are proud to foster a high-performance culture, which means that we seek to recruit and retain people who are not only technically-skilled but also globally-minded, innovative and able to leverage their unique perspectives and life experiences to support our success as a company.
AXA IM is committed to building an inclusive culture, valuing diversity and supporting the career progression of all employees.