Customer Service Advisor - Renewals & New Business
At AXA we're recruiting Customer Service Advisors to join our Teesside office. You'll be working as part of a busy and vibrant New Business & Retention team supporting our customers with all their needs.
What you'll be doing:
With a quality over quantity approach you will have a natural customer led style that retains their insurance needs with AXA. You’ll talk to our customers and collate the right information using insightful questions to ensure the product they are choosing meets their insurance needs and then set up the right financial terms.
Working Hours & Shift Pattern:
Full time permanent contract, 37.5 hours per week. We have a rotating shift pattern between our opening hours of 8:00am-8:00pm Monday to Friday, 9:00am and 5:00pm Saturday and 9:00am – 3:00pm on a Sunday.
Induction & Training:
Induction Date: 10th January
You’ll benefit from a structured 6-week training programme with one of our specialist Trainers. Once you have successfully completed your training you will move to a hybrid way of working, so a mix of days between home and the office. Please be aware that you will need to be full time for your initial training schedule. You'll receive a starting salary of £19,025 increasing to £19,525 from as quickly as six months once you are successfully cross-trained on products, plus annual bonus linked to company performance!
- Some previous contact centre experience would be great, but more important will be your passion for customer service, natural talent for connecting with people.
- A true desire to treat customers with respect and identify their needs accurately.
- Excellent telephone skills, clear and confident manner & active listening skills.
- Advanced computer skills as you’ll navigate multiple systems.
- A strong team player, with a curious mind and an enthusiasm to achieve great things.
- Ability to embrace and adapt to change in a positive manner and demonstrate courage and resilience in an ever-changing environment.
- The ability to remain focussed on priorities when dealing with conflicting demands.
With a presence in over 60 countries, and 165,000 employees serving the needs of 107 million customers, AXA is big.
But never too big to care for every single person who works here. So when you join us, we promise to put our collective might behind you and your career.
You’ll work in an open and supportive environment where you’ll be developed, challenged and encouraged to move around to achieve even bigger and better things – nationally and internationally. You’ll learn directly from senior leaders, from the best in our business. And you’ll enjoy real responsibility, really early on.
Every large company today talks about supporting diversity and inclusion. But at AXA UK, these values form an integral part of everything we do. For us, it’s about bringing together the best talent, helping people to realise their full potential by being 100% themselves at work and delivering outstanding service to everyone – regardless of difference.
Proud to be part of the AXA Group, a global insurance brand and a worldwide leader in financial services, AXA Insurance businesses employ over 5,500 in a network of offices across the UK. Our expert teams care for a huge range of customers, helping them protect their cars, homes and businesses against life’s uncertainties. Whether bought directly, through brokers or through a number of corporate partners, our market-leading products are trusted by millions.
One of the best things about joining AXA is our rewards package. At AXA UK, we’re appreciative of the people who work for us and our rewards package is reviewed regularly to reflect that. You can expect to receive:
- Competitive annual starting salary of £19,025
- Salary will increase to £19,525 from as quickly as six months once you are successfully cross-trained on products
- Annual company & performance-based bonus
- Contributory pension scheme (up to 12% employer contributions)
- Life Assurance (up to 10 x annual salary)
- 23 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays
- Opportunity to buy up to 5 extra days leave or sell up to 3 days leave
- AXA employee discounts
- Gym benefits
AXA is proud to support the needs of our employees and as such understands everyone has individual work and home life responsibilities. We’re happy to discuss flexible working arrangements for this role, should this be a requirement for you.
At AXA, we want to become one of the most inspiring companies to work for and to achieve this ambition, we need the best talent to come and work for us. We look for candidates with the right skills and values to join us and selection is based on a fair and equal process. We’re proud to be committed to equal opportunities and welcome applications from all backgrounds. As a financial services company, all successful candidates will be subject to preemployment checks, so we can ensure regulatory compliance.
To apply, click ‘Apply Now’ and you’ll be able to upload your profile/CV from there. If you require an alternative method of applying or would like to discuss this role further, please send an email to email@example.com.