Motor Claims Handler - Hybrid Working
We have an opportunity for a Motor Trade Claims Handler to join us. Working within our Commercial Claims Department, you’ll help customers and brokers of AXA Insurance in the UK. We see ourselves as one big team, therefore you’ll take pride in working as an effective team player and you’ll have the opportunity to learn about new Claims products. As a Motor Trade Claims Handler, you’ll be an essential member of the team helping our customers over the phone, by handling their queries.
You’ll have strong communication skills, with the ability to build great relationships based on Integrity and trust. We always put the Customer First in everything we do, so we want someone who strives to go the extra mile for them. At AXA we’re adopting a Hybrid way of working, empowering our people to balance their time between home and the Bolton office in a way that works best for them, their team and our customers.
Working Hours & Shift Pattern: Full time, 35 hours per week over 5 days, between the hours of 9am -5pm. We have some flexibility with the working hours, and we are happy to discuss your needs.
Induction & Training
You’ll receive a comprehensive onsite induction from our specialist trainers to set you up for success in your new role. At AXA we share a common purpose; to act for human progress by protecting what matters. We rely on people, just like you, to make this a reality. We thrive on helping you become the best version on yourself. Throughout your career with us, we’ll provide you with all the support and training necessary to enhance your professional development. Claims have a structured development framework with salary increases once you achieve certain points in your development journey, this will be an additional approx. £900 typically every 6 months. Following your 3rd increment you will hopefully be qualified enough for a promotion to the next level.
What you’ll be doing:
- Manage a portfolio of Claims offering relevant and accurate information to every customer based on your professional expertise and training.
- Carry out investigation of claims to obtain quantum information in order to make appropriate policy and legal liability decisions
- Recommend and action the most appropriate use of the claims management processes including MOJ, Credit Hire and using current case law to provide a cost effective settlement.
- Identify and contribute to improvement in claims processes in order to ensure optimum efficiency and ability to deliver business results.
- Experience in Motor Claims is essential, Motor Trade desirable.
- Sound negotiation skills and use of tactics in managing claims
- We’ll provide all the technology and training, and in return we ask you to bring your enthusiasm, passion for customer service.
- You’ll have a natural talent for connecting with people, quick problem-solving ability and positive, can do attitude.
- You’re a great listener, confident communicating over the phone and using computers.
- Passionate about working as part of a collaborative team.
This position has been defined as an Insurance Distribution Directive (IDD) role under the IDD regime which means that in addition to pre-employment screening checks, the successful candidate will be subject to background screening every 4 years with an annual declaration in interim years.
With a presence in over 60 countries, and 165,000 employees serving the needs of 107 million customers, AXA is big.
But never too big to care for every single person who works here. So when you join us, we promise to put our collective might behind you and your career.
You’ll work in an open and supportive environment where you’ll be developed, challenged and encouraged to move around to achieve even bigger and better things – nationally and internationally. You’ll learn directly from senior leaders, from the best in our business. And you’ll enjoy real responsibility, really early on.
Every large company today talks about supporting diversity and inclusion. But at AXA UK, these values form an integral part of everything we do. For us, it’s about bringing together the best talent, helping people to realise their full potential by being 100% themselves at work and delivering outstanding service to everyone – regardless of difference.
Proud to be part of the AXA Group, a global insurance brand and a worldwide leader in financial services, AXA Insurance businesses employ over 5,500 in a network of offices across the UK. Our expert teams care for a huge range of customers, helping them protect their cars, homes and businesses against life’s uncertainties. Whether bought directly, through brokers or through a number of corporate partners, our market-leading products are trusted by millions.
One of the best things about joining AXA is our rewards package. At AXA UK, we’re appreciative of the people who work for us and our rewards package is reviewed regularly to reflect that. You can expect to receive:
- Competitive annual salary of up to £24,000 depending on experience
- Annual company & performance-based bonus
- Contributory pension scheme (up to 12% employer contributions)
- Life Assurance (up to 10 x annual salary)
- 23 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays
- Opportunity to buy up to 5 extra days leave or sell up to 3 days leave
- AXA employee discounts
- Gym Benefits
- Corporate responsibility policy including volunteer days
AXA is proud to support the needs of our employees and as such understands everyone has individual work and home life responsibilities. We’re happy to discuss flexible working arrangements for this role, should this be a requirement for you.
At AXA, we want to become one of the most inspiring companies to work for and to achieve this ambition, we need the best talent to come and work for us. We look for candidates with the right skills and values to join us and selection is based on a fair and equal process. We’re proud to be committed to equal opportunities and welcome applications from all backgrounds. As a financial services company, all successful candidates will be subject to preemployment checks, so we can ensure regulatory compliance.
To apply, click ‘Apply Now’ and you’ll be able to upload your profile/CV from there. If you require an alternative method of applying or would like to discuss this role further, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.