Director, Account Management USA
Position Title: Director, Account Management
Department: Commercial/Account Management
Location: Chicago or remote in the US
Role Type: Permanent
The Director Account Management Leads a team of account management professionals for all AXA Partners clients and oversees all account management functions for the company. Maintains relationships with decision-makers of key clients in order to retain and grow revenue. Supports the sales efforts of new accounts and initiates activities which lead to the sale of additional benefits into existing accounts. Collaborates with the sales and pricing teams to set strategy for regarding pricing, product offering, and service in order to maximize revenue and contribution from existing clients. Collaborates with other departments to resolve service issues, improve service levels, and maximize client satisfaction. Performs other related duties as assigned.
DIMENSIONS OF ROLE
The Director, Account Management is responsible for leading the account management team to maintain and expand our client relationships. The Director identifies and deploys key strategies and initiatives to build strong relationships and engagement with the existing client base across a variety of product lines. This client facing role works across the organization to ensure that AXA’s service delivery exceeds client expectations and drives a superior customer experience.
- Achieve cross sell, growth/retention and profitability targets and customer satisfaction levels.
- Support team in developing productive and collaborative internal partnerships to create a comprehensive growth and service strategy for assigned book of business.
- Ensure alignment with customer's objectives, financial position and business strategy while providing cross-sell opportunities and profitable revenue and growth for the company. Manage, develop and cultivate strong relationships with clients. Professionally represent AXA Partners in the marketplace and can articulate how AXA Partners products and services can contribute to constituents' objectives. Manage and execute the sales processing collaboration with the internal constituents as necessary. Ensure operations and finance teams coordinate with the account management team to efficiently serve customers and clients. Recruit, develop and retain a diverse workforce. Set, communicate, implement and monitors performance metrics with assigned team; align assigned performance measures with company objectives. Guide and directs Account Managers to deliver a consultative approach with the client by understanding the client’s and AXA’s overall objectives.
- Aim to strategize with the client regarding opportunities to grow the business and engage the client in areas that would develop close connections and stickiness with the client. Include client face to face visits and direct consultation with client base to enhance the relationship by better understanding their needs.
- Ensure any service gaps are addressed quickly and effectively and in situations of conflict with the client, lead the management team(s) to resolution looking to accomplish a win-win situation. Measure client satisfaction and use findings to identify and address areas of opportunities as well as build upon success stories.
- Responsible for the communication and prioritization of client needs within the business to ensure we execute on client commitments and provide a best-in-class client experience. Provide leadership and direction to other departments within the organization as it pertains to communication or projects with the client. Serve as a liaison with internal organizational departments as well as with the client.
- Establish and maintain a working rapport necessary with other departments or business leaders to develop cooperation and effectively integrate client expectations into our service delivery.
- Recruit, train and lead a team of account management professionals.
- Coach, mentor and guide the team in developing consultative and solution-based sales skills including management of the team's book of business, phone and in-person meetings.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Technical/ Functional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to hire, train and coach a team of Account Managers.
- Ability to build executive-level relationships with strategic clients and industry thought leaders
- Demonstrated passion and ability to understand and support clients' business strategies and growth plans
- Ability to set strategic vision for the organization
- Experience and knowledge of healthcare insurance in the US are required
- Proven track record of creating a clear view of the future state that mobilizes people to focus efforts and work toward key goals
- Ability to travel up to 25/30% of the time.
Education, Professional Qualifications and Experience
- M.B.A. or equivalent advanced degree strongly preferred
- Several years of Account Management or Sales experience, ideally with prior people management experience
- Financial Services or Insurance industry business experience preferred
- Salesforce experience preferred.
AXA Group is the world leader in insurance and asset management. We protect and advise our clients at every step in their lives, by offering products and services which satisfy their needs in the areas of insurance, personal protection, saving and asset management. AXA is the leading insurance brand worldwide, with over 100 million clients. We are transforming from payer to partner for our client, with a strong focus on risk prevention.
Our mission: Empower people to live a better life.
Our values: Customer First, Courage, Integrity and One AXA.
AXA Partners is an AXA transversal business unit offering a wide range of solutions in assistance services, travel insurance and credit protection.
AXA Partners’ role is also to implement innovative solutions emerging from the AXA Innovation unit.
Combining passion with advanced expertise, we design and deliver worldwide solutions for partners and communities. We protect what matters, when it matters.
By joining AXA Partners, you will work in a responsible company, which offers a real culture of expertise & diversity. Our focus is on accelerating the development of everyone’s skills, whilst offering attractive and competitive compensation and opportunities for professional development and growth.
Additionally, at AXA, we work to make a real difference to people - when amazing things happen and when we create opportunities for a better life, the feeling of pride is extraordinary.