Junior US Loans/Fixed Income Trader
Junior Trader undertakes both an execution and research of market information role and provides support to the rest of the TSF Trading team and Portfolio Managers
- Execution of client orders in accordance with the instructions and timeframe.
- Market structure knowledge, specializing in particular asset class, but covering all asset classes the team is responsible for.
- Research and dissemination of market information to help Portfolio Managers and colleagues in their decision making process, participation in the morning meeting as instructed.
- Understanding and adherence to risk and compliance framework, ensuring all internal procedures and market regulations are adhered to.
- Participation in various projects and team meetings as required.
- Analysis of execution performance and contribution of brokers / counterparties, especially in the Electronic trading space.
- To respond to all requests of senior management relating to their area of activity/expertise.
- Take appropriate actions to mitigate the risks arising from the business activities placed under your responsibility.
- Be actively involved in operational efficiency improvement.
- University degree in a relevant financial subject area desirable
- Financial markets environment and trading experience desirable
- High standard of education with aptitude to successfully complete additional formal professional qualifications if required
- Buy-side experience advantageous, sell-side experience may be considered
- Experience in leveraged loans and/or high yield corporate bonds preferred
Knowledge and Skills
- Technical knowledge in field of trading, knowledge in the Electronic trading space, and derivative trading experience is advantageous
- Strong interest in the financial markets / knowledge of financial instruments
- Able to demonstrate clear concise written and oral communication skills
- IT skills adapted to financial markets
- Rigorous, motivated and intellectually curious, diplomatic
- Analytical, ability to quickly understand data and events
- Team player with a high level of integrity
- Able to work effectively, remain calm and in control under pressure
In a fast-evolving world and with a presence in 64 countries, our 166,000 employees and exclusive distributors anticipate change to offer services and solutions tailored to the current and future needs of our 103 million customers
AXA Investment Managers (AXA IM) is a responsible asset manager, actively investing for the long-term to help its clients, its people and the world to prosper. Our high conviction approach enables us to uncover what we believe to be the best global investment opportunities across alternative and traditional asset classes, managing approximately €866 billion in assets as at the end of June 2021.
AXA IM is a leading investor in green, social and sustainable markets, managing €568 billion of ESG-integrated, sustainable and impact assets as at the end of June 2021.
We are committed to reaching net zero greenhouse gas emissions by 2050 across all our assets, and integrating ESG principles into our business, from stock selection to our corporate actions and culture. Our goal is to provide clients with a true value responsible investment solution, while driving meaningful change for society and the environment.
At end of June 2021, AXA IM employs over 2,488 employees around the world, operates out of 26 offices across 20 countries and is part of the AXA Group, a worldwide leader in insurance and asset management.
We are proud to foster a high-performance culture, which means that we seek to recruit and retain people who are not only technically-skilled but also globally-minded, innovative and able to leverage their unique perspectives and life experiences to support our success as a company.
AXA IM is committed to building an inclusive culture, valuing diversity and supporting the career progression of all employees.