As a Data Scientist within the Claims Analytics team, you will support the building end-to-end data science solutions to solve some of the organisation’s toughest problems and deliver significant business value. This is a really exciting time to join as you will leverage our cloud-based data lake, design our advanced machine learning and AI models, work with a talented data scientists, and influence the shaping of the business in respect to its understanding and use of data.
This role is pivotal to the Claims Advanced Analytics programme. This programme is designed to embed data-driven, intelligence-led decision-making into the culture and way of working in Claims to develop the Claims data asset. Deliver significant indemnity savings, efficiency benefits and improved customer outcomes and evelop Claims’ data science capability so that machine learning and AI solutions can be developed and deployed internally in a sustainable way. At AXA we’re adopting a hybrid way of working, empowering our people to balance their time between home and the office in a way that works best for them, their team and our customers.
In this role you will:
- Work closely with all areas of Claims to understands business problems and pro-actively identify opportunities where data science techniques can be utilized to enhance decisions and provide real business benefit.
- Design, build and implement end to end advanced analytics solution ensuring buy in and effectiveness for end users.
- Develop complex models and algorithms that drive innovation throughout the organisation.
- Conduct advanced statistical analysis to provide actionable insights, identify trends, and measure performance.
- Be a point of contact for data science projects and lead projects through to delivery, including meetings with stakeholders.
- Ensure Claims Analytics are a key member of the data science community at AXA both in UK and Globally, with a focus on identifying best practice, re-use and collaboration opportunities across the business and optimising use of data science.
- Bachelor, MS/PhD(preferable) in computer science, mathematics, statistics, or operations research or related technical discipline
- 2-5 years’ experience in a statistical and/or data science role
- Deep knowledge of machine learning, statistics and/or optimization
- Deep experience with Python
- Experience of delivering end to end data science solutions to achieve business benefit
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills along with strong desire to work in cross functional teams
- Attitude to thrive in a fun, fast-paced start-up like environment
- Experience working with large data sets from multiple sources, simulation/ optimization and distributed computing tools (Map/Reduce, Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Gurobi, Arena, etc.)
- Experience in software engineering
- Passionate about data science and mentoring more junior members of the team
With a presence in over 60 countries, and 165,000 employees serving the needs of 107 million customers, AXA is big.
But never too big to care for every single person who works here. So when you join us, we promise to put our collective might behind you and your career.
You’ll work in an open and supportive environment where you’ll be developed, challenged and encouraged to move around to achieve even bigger and better things – nationally and internationally. You’ll learn directly from senior leaders, from the best in our business. And you’ll enjoy real responsibility, really early on.
Every large company today talks about supporting diversity and inclusion. But at AXA UK, these values form an integral part of everything we do. For us, it’s about bringing together the best talent, helping people to realise their full potential by being 100% themselves at work and delivering outstanding service to everyone – regardless of difference.
Proud to be part of the AXA Group, a global insurance brand and a worldwide leader in financial services, AXA Insurance businesses employ over 5,500 in a network of offices across the UK. Our expert teams care for a huge range of customers, helping them protect their cars, homes and businesses against life’s uncertainties. Whether bought directly, through brokers or through a number of corporate partners, our market-leading products are trusted by millions.
One of the best things about joining AXA is our rewards package. At AXA UK, we’re appreciative of the people who work for us and our rewards package is reviewed regularly to reflect that. You can expect to receive:
• Competitive annual salary of up to £50,000
• Annual company & performance-based bonus
• Contributory pension scheme (up to 12% employer contributions)
• Life Assurance (up to 10 x annual salary)
• 25 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays
• Opportunity to buy up to 5 extra days leave or sell up to 3 days leave
• AXA employee discounts
• Gym benefits
AXA is proud to support the needs of our employees and as such understands everyone has individual work and home life responsibilities. We’re happy to discuss flexible working arrangements for this role, should this be a requirement for you.
At AXA, we want to become one of the most inspiring companies to work for and to achieve this ambition, we need the best talent to come and work for us. We look for candidates with the right skills and values to join us and selection is based on a fair and equal process. We’re proud to be committed to equal opportunities and welcome applications from all backgrounds. As a financial services company, all successful candidates will be subject to preemployment checks, so we can ensure regulatory compliance.
To apply, click ‘Apply Now’ and you’ll be able to upload your profile/CV from there. If you require an alternative method of applying or would like to discuss this role further, please send an email to email@example.com.