Regional Head of Enterprise Architecture
- The enterprise architect is accountable for proactively and holistically leading enterprise responses to disruptive forces by identifying and analyzing the execution of change toward the desired business vision and targeted outcomes.
- Business Vision / Value Chain / Acunum / Blueprint and Roadmap o Technology Evolution and Innovation Proposal
- Contribute End to End Integration of his platform domain
- TCO management
- Group Alignment
- Governance GARB Contrbution, Technology Board and ARB/Design Authority
- Technology Evaluation and Selection
- Application Asset Management and IT Refresh Strategy & Planning across Platform & Infrastructure.
- The enterprise architect is responsible for taking a practical approach to supporting the business. This starts and ends with a focus on delivering signature-ready, actionable recommendations to business leaders, so they can adjust policies and projects to achieve target business outcomes.
- Enterprise architects provide the necessary leadership, analysis and design tasks related to the development of an enterprise's solutions architecture.
- Application architecture & Solution Architecture are a subset of Enterprise Architecture. It's the discipline that guides application design and defines application architecture paradigms, such as API & service-oriented architecture, principles that influence design decisions and patterns that provide proven design solutions.
- Support & Govern Solutions architects leverage and use technology solutions to enable the organization's future-state business capabilities that, in turn, drive the organization's targeted outcomes. They facilitate and orchestrate the delivery of targeted business outcomes.
Scope of Activities:
- Lead and Influence
- Identify Ecosystems and Develop Business Models
- Focus on Strategy and Execution
- Research and Understand Technology and Nontechnology Trends
- Enable Enterprise Ideation and Innovation
- Determine and Help Orchestrate the Delivery of Business Outcomes
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, system analysis or a related study, or equivalent experience
- Minimum of five years of experience in at least two IT solution development disciplines, including technical architecture, network management, application development, middleware, database management or operations • Exposure to multiple, diverse technologies and processing environments
- Good understanding of strategic and new and emerging technology trends, and the practical application of existing, new and emerging technologies to new and evolving business and operating models
- Understanding of agile methods and processes, and capability of supporting agile project teams by providing advice and guidance on opportunities, impact and risks, taking account of technical and architectural debt
- Knowledge of business models, operating models, financial models, cost-benefit analysis, budgeting and risk management
- Familiarity with information management practices, system development life cycle management, IT services management, infrastructure and operations, and EA and ITIL frameworks
- Knowledge of business ecosystems, SaaS, infrastructure as a service (IaaS), platform as a service (PaaS), SOA, APIs, open data, microservices, event driven IT and predictive analytics.
Would you like to wake up every day driven and inspired by our mission of acting for human progress by protecting what matters? Here at AXA we strive to be a responsible employer, placing employee engagement at the heart of its business strategy. Achieving this means creating a workplace built on AXA's Values that foster diversity and equal opportunities for all, promotes employee participation, encourages professional development, and supports employee well-being.
We are looking for talented individuals who come from varied backgrounds, think differently and want to be part of this exciting transformation by challenging the status quo so we can push AXA - a leading global brand and one of the most innovative companies in our industry - onto even greater things.
In a fast-evolving world and with a presence in 57 countries, our 160,000 employees anticipate change to offer services and solutions tailored to the current and future needs of our 108 million customers.
AXA is becoming a sustainable tech-led company and at AXA Group Operations we are one of the major catalysts for this transformation.
We set the tone by triggering and empowering the evolution of our insurance business model through technology and innovation, driving its concrete implementation globally at speed, with a high quality of advisory and execution.
We are present across 17 countries with committed, highly qualified teams. We leverage technology, data, sourcing, security and investment allocation in a global way, but also achieve economies of scale and synergies when necessary.
At AXA Group Operations, we want to be recognized in three fields of action:
- State-of-the-art Data Technology to drive customer experience
- State-of-the-art Procurement & Sourcing to drive efficiency and better manage risks
- High-Performing Global Team for stronger partnerships with AXA entities
We bring together the expertise, cultural diversity and creativity of over 8,000 employees worldwide and we’re committed to equal opportunities in all aspects of employment (gender, LGBT+, disabled persons, or people of different origins) and to promoting Diversity & Inclusion by creating a work environment where all employees are treated with dignity and respect, and where individual differences are valued.