The successful candidate will report to the Global Head of Legal (AXA IM Real Assets), but will work directly and closely day-to-day with the Infrastructure Equity team which is a growing business unit which manages today €2 billion in unlisted infrastructure equity investments across the world.
This position offers the successful candidate the opportunity to work across all aspects of investing and asset management, to grow with the business and to develop commercial acumen and judgment while being part of a global legal team of 13 lawyers ensuring harmonization of practices across the businesses and countries. This is very much a “front office” job and the successful candidate will benefit from the experience of both a successful & collaborative business and legal teams.
- M&A legal work from drafting, negotiating and advising on any type of pre contractual documents (NDA,MoU, engagement letters and bid conduct agreements), transactional documents (SPA and warranty and indemnity insurance, SHA and loan agreements) and contractual documents with AXA IM RA entites (mandates, advisory agreements) as well as issuing appropriate templates
- Selecting, managing and monitoring of and liaising with the external lawyers/outside legal counsels and monitoring of their fees and overseeing and driving legal due diligence
- Developing a deep understanding of the optimal corporate and capital structures employed for investing
- Overseeing legal aspects of financing
- Assisting the Head of Infrastructure Equity in managing legal risks association with our portfolio investments
- Analysis and monitoring of any existing and new regulation applying to our business (anti-trust regulation notably)
- Advise, in conjunction with in-house specialists, on the structure of new funds and product.
- Qualified lawyer
- At least 5 years PQE
- Successful experience in Mergers & Acquisitions gained in a leading law firm. Experience in infrastructure valuable but not essential
- Debt financing experience useful but not essential
- Fluent English, French highly desirable.
- Ability to deal with a diverse and multi-cultural group of people in different jurisdictions
- Ability to master detail while retaining a focus on what’s important.
- Ability to develop creative solutions to often complicated legal problems
- Assertive and business solution oriented
In a fast-evolving world and with a presence in 64 countries, our 166,000 employees and exclusive distributors anticipate change to offer services and solutions tailored to the current and future needs of our 103 million customers.
We are an active, long-term, global, multi-asset investor focused on enabling more people to harness the power of investing to meet their financial goals. By combining investment insight and innovation with robust risk management we have become one of the largest asset managers in Europe, managing €746bn in assets as of the end of 2017. We employ about 2,400 people around the world and operate out of 21 countries.
We are proud to foster a high-performance culture, which means that we seek to recruit and retain people who are not only technically-skilled but also globally-minded, innovative and able to leverage their unique perspectives and life experiences to support our success as a company.
AXA IM is committed to building an inclusive culture, valuing diversity and supporting the career progression of all employees.