Senior Risk Analyst - Political Risk, Credit & Bond (F/H)
Senior Risk Analyst - Political Risk, Credit & Bond
AXA XL is seeking a highly motivated, team-oriented candidate to join its Political Risk, Credit and Bond (PRCB) insurance team in its Paris, France office. The candidate should have a solid background in credit, industry and/or country analysis as well as a keen interest in global geopolitical and economic issues. Experience in analyzing structured trade credit risks, including project finance will be particularly valued. The PRCB team operates in a competitive and fast-paced environment; candidates will accordingly work under tight deadlines and should be able to multi-task while never losing focus of AXA XL’s key business drivers and the team’s risk parameters and underwriting philosophy. This is a highly rewarding position with great development potential for young professionals with a strong work ethic, demonstrable quantitative analytical skills, proven ability to work in a team and a genuine interest in global affairs.
What will your essential responsibilities include?
· Conduct financial analysis of international corporate and bank risks, principally in emerging markets, to support the underwriting of credit and political risk transactions.
· Analyze a variety of transaction structures including project finance.
· Review and summarize country political and macroeconomic conditions to support the underwriting of political risk transactions.
· Perform research on company background, industry trends and operating environments, reading from original language sources, and contacting in-country government, bank and credit rating agencies, and other information service providers, if necessary, to complete the assessment of transaction risks.
· Present research and analysis to PRCB underwriters and senior managers. Participate in discussions and decision-making process by providing valuable insights and in-depth analysis of specific transaction risks.
· Draft credit memoranda to document transactions in preparation for approval and binding of cover.
· Participate in the identification of information sources, testing of risk analysis models, gathering of reference information, and other special risk-related projects as mandated by management.
· Assist in the preparation of reports and data for presentations to rating agencies and reinsurers.
· Assist Global Head of Risk in the monitoring of and related reporting on the global PRCB portfolio to ensure compliance with internal risk parameters and procedures.
· Contribute to the execution of special projects and strategic initiatives as mandated by AXA XL Senior Management, often requiring portfolio modeling and projections.
· Support PRCB underwriters in client relationship and business development activities.
This position will be based out of our Paris, France office.
You will report to Global Head of Risk, PRCB
We’re looking for someone who has these abilities and skills:
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business, Economics, Finance, International Relations, Political Science or a related discipline from a recognized university. MBA, Master’s Degree or equivalent graduate level coursework is a definite plus.
· Minimum five (seven without Master’s Degree) years of relevant professional experience in political risk & trade credit insurance, financial statement analysis, banking and/or trade finance, especially involving emerging markets.
· Deep understanding of balance sheet and cash flow analysis, ratio analysis, strong quantitative analytical skills. Experience with project finance structures is a strong plus.
· Highly developed analytical skills, strong financial analysis knowledge as well as exposure to global economic and political affairs
· Strong written and oral communication skills with a proven ability to convey complicated concepts and ideas clearly and succinctly.
· Understanding of international trade and investment and trade finance, particularly as it relates to emerging markets.
· Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively within a high performing global team.
· Proficiency in foreign languages a strong plus.
Would you like to wake up every day driven and inspired by our noble mission and to work together as one global team to empower people to live a better life? Here at AXA we strive to lead the transformation of our industry. We are looking for talented individuals who come from varied backgrounds, think differently and want to be part of this exciting transformation by challenging the status quo so we can push AXA - a leading global brand and one of the most innovative companies in our industry - onto even greater things.
In a fast-evolving world and with a presence in 64 countries, our 165,000 employees and exclusive distributors anticipate change to offer services and solutions tailored to the current and future needs of our 107 million customers.
At AXA XL our approach to corporate responsibility (CR) is the same as our approach to business; constantly seeking to provide innovative solutions to the world’s most complex problems. From offering our expertise, products and services to help build more resilient communities, to advancing understanding and response to climate change, our strategy – Our Impact. Our Future. – aligns key issues that are pertinent to our business – climate, water and financial resilience - and contributes to AXA Group’s purpose to “Act for human progress by protecting what matters.”.
Climate: We’re reducing our carbon footprint, protecting ecosystems and exploring how our business can help build a better world.
Water: We’re developing water resilience where it is — and will be — needed most.
Financial resilience: We’re helping create opportunities for the unemployed and underemployed, so they can be better prepared for unexpected changes.
Hearts in Action: We have established volunteering and charitable giving programs to help colleagues support causes that matter most to them, known as our “Hearts in Action” programs.
For more information please see the Corporate Responsibility section on our website.
We provide you regular career opportunities in international teams. If you want to join us, don’t hesitate to apply !
Information provided by applicants will be processed in strict confidentiality and may be used exclusively for recruitment processes.