Analyst Infrastructure Finance
Assist the senior fund managers and the team in the day to day management of the portfolio including reporting on existing transactions and underwriting of new transactions
- Review and negotiations of Non Disclosure Agreements with counterparties according to the guideline of AXA IM Real Assets without supervision
- Drafting of sections of investment committee memorandum under no or little supervision (prior to a proof reading by a senior member of the team) demonstrating a clear understanding of the key credit characteristics of an investment opportunity as well as arguing why an opportunity should be presented to Investment Committee
- Ability to run models and sensitivities as well as developing sensitivity scenarios demonstrating the resilience to stress tests of an investment opportunity
- Preparation work in relation to waivers presenting the request from borrowers and developing arguments in favour or against consenting to the request (such arguments then discussed at the level of the team and further up if required)
- Participation in regular borrower update calls and updating the team on the performance of investments they are monitoring
- Participation in investor update calls and preparation of marketing materials prior to a final proof reading by a senior member of the team
- Assist in appraisal of new investment opportunities
- Prepare and analyse financial models, conduct valuation (DCF, DDM, peer analysis)
- Plan and undertake due diligence on potential investments
- Monitor and report on the porfolio (identify performance risks, covenant compliance, porfolio reviews, market trends, participate in restructuring)
- Keep abreast of debt capital markets (monitor and track debt indices, identify trends in DCM markets)
- Prepare industry reports and relative value surveys identifying investment opportunities
- Provide support to the team in originating transactions
- Provide support to the team in debt structuring and commercial negotiations
- Execute transactions (KYC, liaise with Middle Office, debt execution process)
Education and Qualifications
- We are building a team with diverse education and qualifications..
- We welcome candidates with excellent academic qualifications from a range of disciplines including accounting, business, engineering or engineering science, finance and law.
- 1-2 years’ experience at a major investment bank (research or merchant investment banking), accounting firm, consultancy or law firm (or a combination of these).
- Other experience, including government, will be viewed favourably.
Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge in financial engineering, corporate legal and accounting.
- IT skills (cash flow analysis and forecasting).
- Fluent English. Second European language an advantage.
- Analytical skills.
- Organised and rigorous.
- Ability to grow with Infrastructure Equity.
- Able to communicate in an international environment
In a fast-evolving world and with a presence in 64 countries, our 166,000 employees and exclusive distributors anticipate change to offer services and solutions tailored to the current and future needs of our 103 million customers.
We are an active, long-term, global, multi-asset investor focused on enabling more people to harness the power of investing to meet their financial goals. By combining investment insight and innovation with robust risk management we have become one of the largest asset managers in Europe, managing €746bn in assets as of the end of 2017. We employ about 2,400 people around the world and operate out of 21 countries.
We are proud to foster a high-performance culture, which means that we seek to recruit and retain people who are not only technically-skilled but also globally-minded, innovative and able to leverage their unique perspectives and life experiences to support our success as a company.
AXA IM is committed to building an inclusive culture, valuing diversity and supporting the career progression of all employees.