Senior Transaction Manager
To assist in sourcing, coordinating, and executing real estate transactions in the UK & Ireland, across sectors and risk profiles, on behalf of a wide variety of AXA IM Real Assets’ existing or new clients investing through funds or mandates
- Identification and analysis of suitable investments and manage the execution of transactions;
- To source, underwrite and execute real estate investment opportunities to meet the investment requirements of AXA IM Real Assets’ existing or new clients (Funds, Mandates, JV, Club-Deals)
- Will require candidate to be very actively involved in, or lead, the acquisition processes:
- analyse and underwrite real estate opportunities (assets/projects/platforms);
- prepare and present Investment Committee papers;
- support and co-ordination of due diligence process including coordination of third parties (brokers, lawyers and technical advisors);
- coordinate and liaise with internal teams (Fund Management, Asset Management, Legal) through acquisitioning and onboarding of transactions;
- participate in the origination and execution of acquisition debt financing arrangements;
- participate in contract and JV negotiation and documentation.
- Work closely with key internal partners including the Asset Management (including Sector Specialists), Fund Management and Research teams and provide support for investment strategies & themes;
- To contribute to any divestment decisions and support the execution of the sales;
- To support the oversight and development of the Analysts & Associates supporting the transactions team; and
- To develop and maintain relationships with the local real estate market: real estate brokers, developers, investors in order to support the team in maximising deal flow opportunities.
- Degree in Finance/Business/Real Estate or similar degree/qualification
- 7 to 10 years' experience in the UK professional real estate market
- Relevant track record in being involved in institutional deals
- Corporate real estate experience is certainly a plus
- Real estate financial background is certainly a plus
Knowledge and Skills
- Extensive knowledge of the UK real estate market and the different asset classes
- Established network of investors, developers and agents in local market
- High degree of analytical thinking/financial analysis
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of underwriting, analysing and modelling real estate deals in the UK market. Ireland also is a plus
- Motivated individual and team player
- Ability to build strong working relationships internally and externally
- Assertive with strong convictions
- Highly skilled negotiator
- "Deal making" mindset
In a fast-evolving world and with a presence in 64 countries, our 166,000 employees and exclusive distributors anticipate change to offer services and solutions tailored to the current and future needs of our 103 million customers.
We are an active, long-term, global, multi-asset investor focused on enabling more people to harness the power of investing to meet their financial goals. By combining investment insight and innovation with robust risk management we have become one of the largest asset managers in Europe, managing €746bn in assets as of the end of 2017. We employ about 2,400 people around the world and operate out of 21 countries.
We are proud to foster a high-performance culture, which means that we seek to recruit and retain people who are not only technically-skilled but also globally-minded, innovative and able to leverage their unique perspectives and life experiences to support our success as a company.
AXA IM is committed to building an inclusive culture, valuing diversity and supporting the career progression of all employees.