Business Development Manager Institutional Client
To be a critical member of the UK Insitutional Sales team with specific responsibility for Insurance sector, defining a sales strategy/plan for the UK market place with the ultimate goal to primarlity develop and expand these Institutional Sales accounts. Depending on the candidates skill set, there is also potential for coverage of UK pension schemes.
- Developing new business with defined accounts
- Meet the defined sales targets
- Co-ordinate and implement sales, relationship and marketing activities for the agreed clients and prospects
- Building strong internal relationships with the Investment teams and other relevant internal functions
- Work with clients, consultants and the investment teams to develop new product ideas for the Institutional market
- Work closely with the consultant relationship team to build profile with field consultants
- Further develop and reinforce existing client relationships including cross-selling
- Actively support close co-operation with the internal Client Group organisation (esp. transversal teams)
- Perform others tasks and projects as assigned from time-to-time
- Relevant sales and client experience with the investment industry
- Excellent institutional sales track record
- Strong relationships in the UK institutional market and in particular insurance sector
- Strong ability to identify business opportunities, initiate contact and close new business
Knowledge and skills:
- A thorough and proven understanding of world investment markets and associated products across the increasingly broad spectrum of investment strategy available to institutional clients
- Insight into future developments in the Investment Management commercial environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with proven success in delivering high quality presentations to a broad range of clients
- Deep understanding of Fixed Income markets and/or Alternative investments
- Sales can-do and proactive attitude
Self-starter with the ability to work as part of a teamWould you like to wake up every day driven and inspired by our noble mission and to work together as one global team to empower people to live a better life? Here at AXA we strive to lead the transformation of our industry. We are looking for talented individuals who come from varied backgrounds, think differently and want to be part of this exciting transformation by challenging the status quo so we can push AXA - a leading global brand and one of the most innovative companies in our industry - onto even greater things.
In a fast-evolving world and with a presence in 64 countries, our 166,000 employees and exclusive distributors anticipate change to offer services and solutions tailored to the current and future needs of our 103 million customers.
We are an active, long-term, global, multi-asset investor focused on enabling more people to harness the power of investing to meet their financial goals. By combining investment insight and innovation with robust risk management we have become one of the largest asset managers in Europe, managing €746bn in assets as of the end of 2017. We employ about 2,400 people around the world and operate out of 21 countries.
We are proud to foster a high-performance culture, which means that we seek to recruit and retain people who are not only technically-skilled but also globally-minded, innovative and able to leverage their unique perspectives and life experiences to support our success as a company.
AXA IM is committed to building an inclusive culture, valuing diversity and supporting the career progression of all employees.