Team Personal Assistant
Provide administrative support to one or more members of AXA IM CORE teams
- Organise and maintain multiple diaries and look after the team’s needs with regards to their travel arrangements (national and international), visa’s, travel agenda, expenses and preparation of documents as and when required etc.
- As a team Personal Assistant (PA) working within a pool of Team PA’s, the PA will be required to support and act as back-up to the other PA’s working within the Team PA pool.
- Co-ordinate the logistics for meetings and prepare the materials for meetings, meeting agenda and information for meeting particpants. Provide support for power point presentations as and when required.
- Manage both regular and ad-hoc committee meetings. Organise and prepare the reports and papers required for use in committee meetings. Attend and take minutes during committee meetings
- Prepare expense claim forms in a timely manner. Prepare purchase orders and arrange receipting once the invoice is due for payment.
- Manage travel arrangements within AXA Travel Policy (including Taxis).
- Arrange for the necessary I.T. equipment, provide support and resolve problems for new staff members where required.
- Provide ad-hoc and project support for senior managers and teams as and when required.
Keep track of travel and entertainment for the teams and update the budget spend on a monthly basis
- Degree, HND, A-level, NVQ 4 qualified or equivalent in a relevant subject and/or relevant formal training preferred
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Experience of working with high volume of work and against tight deadlines
Knowledge and Skills
- Able to demonstrate the ability to work both autonomously and collaboratively and adapt to changing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Superior organisational skills – ability to multi-task effectively
- Proven ability to effectively coordinate and facilitate calendars schedules and meetings
- Ability to record accurately and deliver minutes & correspondence in a timely manner
- Proficient I.T skills to include knowledge of a range of software packages such as Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to maintain a high level of discretion, demonstrate an understanding of confidentiality issues and maintain professionalism at all times
- Ability to work autonomously and adapt quickly to changing circumstances
- Accustomed to working under pressure to tight deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills, good listening skills, able to deal with all levels of seniority to include management both internally and externally
- Team player, self motivated, creative and proactive approach to work
- Results-orientated, with a pro active “can-do” attitude
In a fast-evolving world and with a presence in 64 countries, our 166,000 employees and exclusive distributors anticipate change to offer services and solutions tailored to the current and future needs of our 103 million customers.
We are an active, long-term, global, multi-asset investor focused on enabling more people to harness the power of investing to meet their financial goals. By combining investment insight and innovation with robust risk management we have become one of the largest asset managers in Europe, managing €746bn in assets as of the end of 2017. We employ about 2,400 people around the world and operate out of 21 countries.
We are proud to foster a high-performance culture, which means that we seek to recruit and retain people who are not only technically-skilled but also globally-minded, innovative and able to leverage their unique perspectives and life experiences to support our success as a company.
AXA IM is committed to building an inclusive culture, valuing diversity and supporting the career progression of all employees.