The Financial Controller, is servicing our clients and either our Fund and Asset Management with fund and asset models, plans and budgets, internal and external reports, performance measurements, analysis and control (actual vs. plan), and risk controlling.
• Produce annual, semi-annual, quarterly or monthly reporting (incl. regulatory reporting) and dashboards on financial, investment performance and accounting aspects (including IFRS), and ad-hoc external and internal reports (i.e. Management Board or Supervisory Board)
• Coordinate the fund / asset planning process and prepare the planning schedules including commenting of portfolio results
• Ensure accuracy, completeness and timeliness of productions of external service providers (Fund Admnistrator, Corporate Manager, Property Manager and Tax Advisor). This may include acting as a director of corporate entities.
• Prepare funds forecasts and variance analysis with available IT tools (including IFRS and cash aspects if applicable; follow of the sales forecasts…)
• Monitor asset level performance (variance actual vs budget, asset performance, capex monitoring, rent arrears etc)
• Perform portfolio and risk controlling at fund level, risk ratio and investment guideline monitoring if required
• Make the results available in the global IT system
• Participate in transversal projects if requested and perform other tasks and projects as assigned from time to time
• Reinforce sound and effective risk management in line with the Risk and Compliance Objectives & Measures Framework
• Experience in Accounting, qualification ideally within an operational/financial reporting role, with exposure to/understanding of Real Estate
• Experience in audit, financial control or Middle Office
• Experience in Real Estate, Asset Management and/or Project Management is desirable
Knowledge and Skills
• Confident use of IT (especially advanced Excel),
• Excellent communication skills (team spirit / flexibility), reliability
• Excellent analytical skills
• Fluent in spoken and written English
• Team player
• Proactive, enthusiastic, and results oriented
• Rigorous, self-starter with capacity to take the initiative
• Ability to manage simultaneous deadlines and work well under pressure
Would you like to wake up every day driven and inspired by our noble mission and to work together as one global team to empower people to live a better life? Here at AXA we strive to lead the transformation of our industry. We are looking for talented individuals who come from varied backgrounds, think differently and want to be part of this exciting transformation by challenging the status quo so we can push AXA - a leading global brand and one of the most innovative companies in our industry - onto even greater things.
In a fast-evolving world and with a presence in 64 countries, our 166,000 employees and exclusive distributors anticipate change to offer services and solutions tailored to the current and future needs of our 103 million customers.
We are an active, long-term, global, multi-asset investor focused on enabling more people to harness the power of investing to meet their financial goals. By combining investment insight and innovation with robust risk management we have become one of the largest asset managers in Europe, managing €746bn in assets as of the end of 2017. We employ about 2,400 people around the world and operate out of 21 countries.
We are proud to foster a high-performance culture, which means that we seek to recruit and retain people who are not only technically-skilled but also globally-minded, innovative and able to leverage their unique perspectives and life experiences to support our success as a company.
AXA IM is committed to building an inclusive culture, valuing diversity and supporting the career progression of all employees.