The Model Risk Analyst covers model and data related matters for Rosenberg Equities.
Under the supervision of the Senior Expertise Risk Manager in charge of Rosenberg Equities, provide independent oversight and assessments of Model risks, which the investment platform may be directly or indirectly exposed to.
Act as a contact point between the investment platform and Global Risk Management on Model risk.
Report to AXA IM risk and controls committees on such risks.
- Under the supervision of the Senior Expertise Risk Manager in charge of Rosenberg Equities, provide independent oversight and assessments of Model risks, which the investment platform may be directly or indirectly exposed to.
- Participate to periodic risk reviews: Independent Investment Model Validation, model risk assessment, independent investment risk monitoring
- Definition, monitoring and implementation of independent model validation plans for all key models impacting the quantitative investment process: Scope of testing, priorities, documentation, methodology, testing framework, acceptance criteria and periodic/ad hoc review of critical model changes.
- Act as a contact point between the investment platform and Global Risk Management on Model Risk
- Report to AXA IM risk and controls committees (Global Risk Committee, Local Control Committee, and Investment Committee) on such risks.
- Assist the SERM in performing regulatory duties.
Contribute in collaboration with the QuantLab, SMM and RI team on transversal projects as needed.
- BS in Mathematics, financial mathematics or computer science, MS/MBA is preferred.
- Experience in a financial institution or an asset manager.
- Experience in risk management (front office or control function).
Knowledge and Skills
- Portfolio management and risk techniques
- Asset management regulation
- Model risk management
- Programming: Python, SQL, Matlab, SAS, Excel/VBA (Java, Eiffel a plus)
- Vendor analytics: BARRA / Aegis, Risk Metrics, FactSet (Intex, Sophis, Bloomberg, Capital IQ and other data vendors, vendor API libraries or trading analytics a plus)
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills.
- Display initiative to engage into discussions with investment professionals and risk colleagues.
- Ability to articulate and present complex issues to a non-expert audience.
- Pragmatic and result-oriented
- Excellent team player and the ability to work autonomously
In a fast-evolving world and with a presence in 64 countries, our 166,000 employees and exclusive distributors anticipate change to offer services and solutions tailored to the current and future needs of our 103 million customers.
We are an active, long-term, global, multi-asset investor focused on enabling more people to harness the power of investing to meet their financial goals. By combining investment insight and innovation with robust risk management we have become one of the largest asset managers in Europe, managing €746bn in assets as of the end of 2017. We employ about 2,400 people around the world and operate out of 21 countries.
We are proud to foster a high-performance culture, which means that we seek to recruit and retain people who are not only technically-skilled but also globally-minded, innovative and able to leverage their unique perspectives and life experiences to support our success as a company.
AXA IM is committed to building an inclusive culture, valuing diversity and supporting the career progression of all employees.