The role involves working within a specialist analytical team which focuses on portfolio construction/investment risk management, investment research/alpha support (including the integration of ESG/sustainability criteria) and investment governance, working closely with the investment team
- Support PMs in building well-constructed portfolios
- Provide analytical research and support for alpha generation and the integration of ESG/sustainability criteria within portfolios
- Provide analytical support for new product concept evaluations and new client requirements
- Provide investment oversight & challenge
The role requires building strong links with members of the investment team (for specific strategies) and also senior management and will involve the production of analytics on a pro-active and reactive basis in order to provide advisory support for portfolio construction and investment processes for the investment team and also for commercial and business development needs, work on specific team project initiatives and the ongoing development of enhancements to core analytics to support specific investment strategies, including the incorporation of ESG considerations within investment processes.
Technical Skills, Qualifications & Experience Required
- Strong quantitative background – mathematics/econometrics/engineering preferred
- Experience in a similar role
- Risk management/portfolio construction/portfolio management background
- Knowledge of equity fundamental analysis
- Understanding of equity portfolio characteristics
- Strong equity bias required but experience of multi-asset risk management useful
- Understanding of ESG/sustainability criteria and ways to incorporate in instrument selection and portfolio construction
- Strong Excel skills essential
- Strong FactSet/Bloomberg skills preferred
- English speaker, French useful
- Knowledge of derivatives strategies & implementation useful
- CFA or equivalent (or can demonstrate progress towards this)
Behavioural Competencies Required
- Active risk management mindset – a rounded approach to building portfolio risk insights is key
- Risk model evaluation/ability to understand risk models from first principles and evaluate outputs accordingly (need to be able to challenge model outputs from a basis of deep understanding of how risk models are constructed and the implications of the assumptions under which they are specified)
- Good communication & presentation skills (experience presenting internally at minimum/to clients or consultants useful)
- High degree of reliability and accuracy
- Ability to demonstrate strong organisational skills
- Need to be able to apply judgement/form & express views on portfolios/markets based on analytics
- Self-starter, able to work autonomously where needed but collaboratively also – a team-player mindset is preferred.
In a fast-evolving world and with a presence in 64 countries, our 166,000 employees and exclusive distributors anticipate change to offer services and solutions tailored to the current and future needs of our 103 million customers.
We are an active, long-term, global, multi-asset investor focused on enabling more people to harness the power of investing to meet their financial goals. By combining investment insight and innovation with robust risk management we have become one of the largest asset managers in Europe, managing €746bn in assets as of the end of 2017. We employ about 2,400 people around the world and operate out of 21 countries.
We are proud to foster a high-performance culture, which means that we seek to recruit and retain people who are not only technically-skilled but also globally-minded, innovative and able to leverage their unique perspectives and life experiences to support our success as a company.
AXA IM is committed to building an inclusive culture, valuing diversity and supporting the career progression of all employees.